Hacking Why not make a ticket (.tik) installer?

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Um, do you realise that the downloading of these games actually more than 5 minutes? For me, at least, actually.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Five years ago, downloading an SNES rom would take me about 20 minutes.... so 5 minutes seems like nothing.

Have a little patience, I guess?

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL, 5 mins... It takes longer than 5 mins to drive down to the servo and put fuel in your car just to go to the shops and buy the game like you normally would have!

Cant complain about 5mins...

I indorse this .tik idea. I cant quite wrap my head around all this .wad nonsence so no VC games for me
frown.gif

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MADKATZ99 said:
I indorse this .tik idea. I cant quite wrap my head around all this .wad nonsence so no VC games for me
frown.gif

Quick primer:

Get the Twilight hack working.

Download WAD Installer, WAD Uninstaller.

Make a directory called "wad" on your SD card. Put your VC wads in this directory.

Rename WadInstaller.elf to Boot.elf.

Run the Twilight hack.

The Wad Installer will start and then bring you back to the Wii menu.

If you want to uninstall a WAD, rename WadUninstaller.wad to boot.elf and repeat the process.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkH said:
Um, do you realise that the downloading of these games actually more than 5 minutes? For me, at least, actually.

I think he was saying compared to the minute it takes the WAD installer to install the same file.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can anyone confirm for certain if "valid" tickets have been Trunca signed or not?

nanika says no.
wii2wii says yes.

If two people both download the same VC game from the WiiShop on their Wii, do they have the same tickets?

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZildjianKX said:
Now the Wii has a non-decrypted game, but the game checks the local ticket each time it runs to make sure the person purchased it (this is why backed up VC games don't work on other Wiis).
The reason why VC games don't work on other Wiis is a bit different.
When the VC game leaves the Wii to go to an SD card, the Wii encrypts it again, only using a different method. It uses the password in the ticket to encrypt it, but doesn't put the ticket on the SD card. It relies on that the other Wii will have the ticket to know how to decrypt it. When the VC game is put on the other Wii, that Wii looks for a password, and is left clueless if there is no ticket on it.

EDIT: Oops, this may be wrong. I always thought that Wii VC games would work on other Wiis -- if they'd purchased the game too. Searching now indicates that might not be the case.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nanika said:
EDIT: Oops, this may be wrong. I always thought that Wii VC games would work on other Wiis -- if they'd purchased the game too. Searching now indicates that might not be the case.

Interesting, so I guess tickets might be unique to each Wii?

Smackhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to unpack a WAD and repack using BLAZE's packer?, as its the only fuly fuctioning one which gives a proper working ticket, allowing redownloads from the wiishop.

ph00p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone figured out if its safe to use Nintendo Wi-fi on any game whilst having these fakes installed? Or if Nintendo checks a bad ticket(does that even happen in the NWFC process?) can you get banned for life? Some people are treating these as toxic waste that is kinda nice to look at but horrid to keep around for the long run.

KanoBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like the ticket installer idea, it'd be cool too if it was integrated into the wad installer and asked you to press eject or another possible button to install the ticket files, or if it recognized ticket files and installed them.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't flame me for the idea but....
Couldn't you unpack a vc game, remove all the files other than the ticket itself and replace them with blank files, then repack it as a .wad file using the Blaze packer so you get a "good" ticket? It would install an empty channel and the ticket, then you would have to delete the channel using the wii channel browser so that the ticket would still be there. Just like when you delete purchased virtual console games from the Wii shop it would allow for redownload. Seems like alot of work, but even if the channels weren't deleted then they wouldn't take up hardly any space at all.

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not a bad idea, though I think certain files have to be a certain size to be able to get them to pack into a wad, might depend on the packer though.

wii2wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like WiiShop redownload with fake ticket is not possible anymore. Redownload with real ticket is OK. I don't believe it is just me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock