Why no more ROM collections?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Gadgetguy, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Gadgetguy
    OP

Gadgetguy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2005
    Canada
    Toronto area
    Hello all,

quite a while ago some kind people created packages of a large number of .3ds files and posted them on torrents - making it easy to get a nice collection with one download.

Those (older) packages are still around - but I did not have any luck finding collections of never games. Do they exist? Where? Thank you for any pointers...

(I have found the obvious sites for single games - but no collections of recent stuff...)

2. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Too much space, I guess? I know even with moderate Internet speeds, I can be waiting for about 10 minutes for the thing to arrive.

3. Gadgetguy
    OP

Gadgetguy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2005
    Canada
    Toronto area
    Hmm. That may make sense for some. What I found that there were always lots of people downloading (and sharing) the collections. I enjoy having a large pool of games to chose from - even if I rarely play them (some I never play). And the ones I play frequently (so more than just sampling it) - those I actually buy as I think the developers earned it. But I still miss the ability to save time by not having to get them one by one... (Donwload time is not an issue for me - I can start downoading a 50gb or 100gb collection and I have it next morning. That perfect for me)

4. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Lol no one is going to give you links. You can't ask for those on gbatemp. No pointers either.

5. astrangeone

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    I don't have that much space on my computer/laptop to store games, and I rather download the games I want myself. (Remember to self - I need to find a copy of Hyrule Warriors Legends that actually works.)

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    How about I don't post links to roms.
    And honestly it's better to just find the games you want instead of large package with most likely a ton of games you are going to delete. It's not hard to find roms.

7. astrangeone

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Yes, it's like the LootCrate experience. Do I buy a mystery package that might have stuff I want or do I just buy what I want? If you go option 1: you have some extra stuff to do - like deleting your software that you don't want, OR selling the stuff you don't need. Option 2: You get the thing you REALLY want, and with no extra actions needed by you.

8. Scarlet

Scarlet Phone Charm

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    You didn't look hard at all. There are sticky threads on that ISO site that have exactly what you claim doesn't exist any more. Look harder.

Noelemahc likes this.
  9. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    On the "Chaos" site you can just download the tickets and then get all the games from the eshop. No need download large packs anymore.

10. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    And honestly, what's the marketshare of .3ds vs .cia nowadays?