Hacking Why isn't my softmodded Wii reading any GC games?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so my Wii can read Wii games fine, but when I try to put in Gamecube games, it just says

"An error has occured. Please eject the disc and turn off the Wii and refer to the Wii Operations Manual"

It does this both to my retail and backup GC games. What could possibly cause this error? Is there a program I might have installed that does this?

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont think so, but just in case here's my Preloader settings I have enabled

Skip disc update check
Region free channels_1
Remove diag disc check

I play only on USB Loader by the way. Are any of these settings screwing with my GC games?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
I dont think so, but just in case here's my Preloader settings I have enabled

Skip disc update check
Region free channels_1
Remove diag disc check

I play only on USB Loader by the way. Are any of these settings screwing with my GC games?
You must have a really out of date softmod if you are using Preloader. Resoftmod with ModMii and see if that fixes it.

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PsyBlade said:
installed cracked mios?
tried different loader?

Where is the cracked mIOS? And this just doesn't happen with backups, it also happens with my retail games as soon as I insert the disc in!

Also, I'm not sure about ModMii. What will it delete if I try to use it? And does it update to the latest hacks on the Wii?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
PsyBlade said:
installed cracked mios?
tried different loader?

Where is the cracked mIOS? And this just doesn't happen with backups, it also happens with my retail games as soon as I insert the disc in!

Also, I'm not sure about ModMii. What will it delete if I try to use it? And does it update to the latest hacks on the Wii?
ModMii will overwrite your old softmods, updating everything necessary and adding things you might be missing.

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Link5084 said:
PsyBlade said:
installed cracked mios?
tried different loader?

ModMii will overwrite your old softmods, updating everything necessary and adding things you might be missing.

I see, so it won't brick huh. Will this make my Wii read GC games and will it remove Preloader and update it with Priiloader?

Red_Gh0st

Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
I dont use modmii much so can't tell you if it will remove and install priiloader as you need to reinstall your system menu in order to remove preloader.

Btw, that error seems like a hardware error to me. Updating the softmod wont change anything. I may be wrong tho.

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
richardsito said:
I dont use modmii much so can't tell you if it will remove and install priiloader as you need to reinstall your system menu in order to remove preloader.

Btw, that error seems like a hardware error to me. Updating the softmod wont change anything. I may be wrong tho.

How is it a hardware error and what can I do? Also, what improvements that priiloader have?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
richardsito said:

How is it a hardware error and what can I do? Also, what improvements that priiloader have?
It could be a hardware error, but that isn't for sure. I think that you installing a fresh cMIOS (part of ModMii) and updating your softmods all together may fix it.

Here are changes since Preloader:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader#Changelog

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY