Hacking Why is Sakura better than Moonshell 2?

fearofshorts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been using moonshell ever since I first got a flashcart and jumped on the opportunity to upgrade tp the excellent Moonshell 2.
However, I have heard many people saying that Moonshell 2 is not as good as Sakura. As far as I can tell (ie: having read THIS review of the M3i Zero) there is no difference between the two except the skin and the ability to load roms without the YS-menu hack.
So my question is this: is there anything else about Sakura that justifies it's reputation or are people just giving credit to the M3 team where they don't deserve it?

fearofshorts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, ok. Thanks.
Another question occurs to me... why are they similar?
I'v heard that there was some history between moonlight and M3, but I don't know any details. Can anyone confirm anything?

wilsonramal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Moonshell 2 is better for multimedia because it has way more features than Sakura. On the other side, Sakura has Rom loading and lot of fetures in that aspect like RTS.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
wilsonramal said:
Moonshell 2 is better for multimedia because it has way more features than Sakura. On the other side, Sakura has Rom loading and lot of fetures in that aspect like RTS.

What multimedia features are different for Moonshell? I've not used it in a long time.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Placeholder said:
wilsonramal said:

What multimedia features are different for Moonshell? I've not used it in a long time.
various bug fixes, jacket support, loads of new hot keys. way too many things to list really.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
You can't really compare Sakura and Moonshell 2 because they are both different things, Sakura is a firmware whereas Moonshell is a multimedia player. I thought we went through this last year when Moonlight retired from coding.. Moonshell 2 was based off and made a while after Sakura hence all the similarities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...