Gaming Why is a Super Smash Bros. for the DS impossible?

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i love fighting games on consoles, but not on handhelds because it isn't the same playing vs someone online instead of playing vs someone in person...

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Though it's already been said that Nintendo (and by that I mean Hal/Sora) has no plans to do it, somehow I think the Wiimote-only setup in Brawl is...well, not really a test so to speak, but it's the only standard control method that doesn't use a stick so I'm not really sure what to think. =P

I'd rather it be an original game than just an enhanced port though.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To Nintendo, a "core gamer" is apparently "casual gamers" now, A.K.A. noobs. They are resting on their laurels and don't really care about making GOOD games for their most loyal fans anymore. Otherwise we would already have a 2D Metroid, F-Zero, Smash Bros., Punch-Out and any other game that people have been whining for since the DS was created.

They are catering to "casual gamers" (noobs) because they don't really have to work at making a game "good" to satisfy them.

See, us veteran and hardcore gamers are quick to point out flaws, inaccuracies and plain old screw-ups in any game they might make to suit US, but noobs....er....I mean "casual gamers" just suck up the crap and like it (those fools). So Ninty took the easy route because they don't have to hear as many complaints. Why do you think they closed their forums? They don't want to hear it and they don't care. They done made their money.

Thank goodness for some of the 3rd-party companies, flashcarts, homebrew and emulators, otherwise I'd have dumped off my DS long ago.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
until nintendo start making acceptable games, and not aproving any-and-every game they are offered,
I Vow never to buy a game again.
Maybe a sales drop will make them listen, anyone with me?

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
The obsession with having SSB on DS mystifies me, there was no SSB for GBA, so why DS? SSBDS is probably never going to happen, so why does everyone want to talk about it... only thing to do is shut up about it and hope Nintendo feels like making a DS version.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
SSBDS is possible, erm.... no, make it already made. Somebody actually good and passionate enough to make the homebrew of SSB, the thing is it's not 100% complete

Problem with Nintendo is they like money very much that the "Seal of Quality" has gone and replaced by the "Seal of Approval". In the past Nintendo tried to present only high-quality games, in gameplay, story, graphic, and sound. these days they won't check the quality, they only check the profit, :sigh:

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
WileCoyote said:
Well first off why is everyone so obsessed over a ssb ds? fighting games on handhelds are rather pointless if you ask me.

jump ultimate superstars was a success in japan, just like smash bros if released would be a success in the west.

Exactly. That game kicked ass. But instead of SSB DS, they focusing on bullshit like Cooking Mama and recipe databases. WTF......After tis year's E3, my love for Nintendo faded a little bit more
hate2.gif

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antoligy, I'm 100% behind you. Nintendo has made it clear that they don't care about quality any more, they just care about sales. As such, I'm sure if we deprive them of the one thing they care about (sales, for the people who can't follow this logic) then they might start caring about quality.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Private|Parts said:
Antoligy, I'm 100% behind you. Nintendo has made it clear that they don't care about quality any more, they just care about sales. As such, I'm sure if we deprive them of the one thing they care about (sales, for the people who can't follow this logic) then they might start caring about quality.
If Nintendo didn't care about quality then why aren't we on New Super Mario World DX 4 now? Where is the Ocarina of Time Remake? If it was more about sales then Smash Bros DS would be out by now.

Truth is Nintendo are actually catering to EVERYONE, in the last year they had done Battalion Wars 2, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Galaxy & Metroid Prime 3. That is more than what they usually do, thing is they're about the Wii right now, to them there is more than enough core games by 3rd party publishers doing great looking DS titles that they don't need to do as much even then they are doing Rhythm Heaven, Kirby Super Star, Fire Emblem & others for the DS.

Games like Wii Play, Mario Party 8 & Pokemon Shit in the Shower pretty much keep Nintendo & the Wii going and funds Pikmin 3 & Kid Icarus whatever else there is.

vmkstar99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Private|Parts said:
If Nintendo didn't care about quality then why aren't we on New Super Mario World DX 4 now? Where is the Ocarina of Time Remake? If it was more about sales then Smash Bros DS would be out by now.

Truth is Nintendo are actually catering to EVERYONE, in the last year they had done Battalion Wars 2, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Galaxy & Metroid Prime 3. That is more than what they usually do, thing is they're about the Wii right now, to them there is more than enough core games by 3rd party publishers doing great looking DS titles that they don't need to do as much even then they are doing Rhythm Heaven, Kirby Super Star, Fire Emblem & others for the DS.

Games like Wii Play, Mario Party 8 & Pokemon Shit in the Shower pretty much keep Nintendo & the Wii going and funds Pikmin 3 & Kid Icarus whatever else there is.
bow.gif

Amazing point, Hadrian. Never thought about that.

Also, like that Nintendo dude said in an interview, E3 isn't for announcing video games for the core gamer. So if they have any plans for a SSBDS, they might wait a week or two after E3's over to announce it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone