Hacking Why is 3.0 FW important and what can we expect from Switch Hacking in the future?

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Haven't got any current Switch games I want to play, but I will definitely want one in the future, probably next year.

I see FW 3.0 being brought up as the one everyone absolutely wants for exploits. This would mean no online ever, unless there's a possibility of an emunand like it was possible with the 3DS? What exactly does the 3.1 update change that makes everybody recommend ignoring FW above 3.0?

Lastly, what can we expect can be done with Switch hacking some time from now? ROMs? ROMHacks? Emulation? With Switches being expensive and hard to find, I am wondering if it's worth to buy one now.

fisher6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"smhax", vulnerability. Gotcha, thanks!

Still want to know:

1) What can realistically happen with this exploit? ROMs, romhacking, etc.
2) How likely are we to have an emunand that lets us access online when we want and still run exploits?

1) I think it's gonna open the door to homebrew, want comes after that is still unknown.
2) I think something similar will happen during the lifetime of the Switch but we are probably years away.

My suggestion is to get 2 consoles. That's what I did.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well smealum said this is like the exploit that gateway used to get access to 3ds
to paraphrase and devs are telling us not to update so obviously we are going to see something good
i just hope that if nothing is released soon(tm)
that we at least get a FW spoof and reliable blocking so we can atleast play games and preserve our FW till a release is ready

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: digipimp75

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we should ask cfwprophet :P.
But seriously just stay on as low of firmware as you can and wait. The switch is still very young. It's gonna be a while before the scene gets anything and it's hard to speculate what we're gonna get out of it. It's up to the devs to find out what hacks are possible and what aren't.

Be patient and good things will come. Says a 1.76 ps4 owner lol

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
more newbs
1308088276069.jpg

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If your planning a trip to America buy your Switch their if your not a resident. The US dollar is worth sweet FA right now, meaning with the currency exchange you will likely save a chunk. For me in AUS dollars switch goes for $470, with the US exchange its about $375 AUS if I buy over their.

renanbianchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To be honest i'm really tempted to update, i got a sonic mania code waiting to be redeemed, Mario Odissey arriving next month and L.A. Noire on November.

Hacking is nice, don't get me wrong, but when it really holds you from playing the games you bought the console to play, what's the point on having the console at all?

Just my 2 cents.

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Wow, you kids whining about whichever of the questions being asked before couldn't be any more annoying. Either stay out of the thread, or contribute. I can't imagine myself finding the first link posted here without it being a sticky and with the right keywords for google searches being impossible to come up with for somebody who doesn't post here regularly.

If your planning a trip to America buy your Switch their if your not a resident. The US dollar is worth sweet FA right now, meaning with the currency exchange you will likely save a chunk. For me in AUS dollars switch goes for $470, with the US exchange its about $375 AUS if I buy over their.

That's a good point, but if somebody were rich enough to be taking trips to the USA, I imagine the extra money spent on the console wouldn't be much of an issue.

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, you kids whining about whichever of the questions being asked before couldn't be any more annoying. Either stay out of the thread, or contribute. I can't imagine myself finding the first link posted here without it being a sticky and with the right keywords for google searches being impossible to come up with for somebody who doesn't post here regularly.

That's a good point, but if somebody were rich enough to be taking trips to the USA, I imagine the extra money spent on the console wouldn't be much of an issue.
Oi, if you look on the first page of this section, you can find all the answers that you asked. It's just kinda annoying. Love u ~meowmeowmeow

Reactions: satan89

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol