Why I hate eBay :P

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow classy sales tactic having the right box and all the wrong contents. About nearly 10 years ago I stopped buying from ebay Gameboy Advance stuff as it was going bad fast, never was sure why most stuff before then was and still remains legit but I guess since the storage was small and out of date multicarts were the way to go. DS I was ok with for a little, but once that card was cracked I saw a majority of shit up there was fraud or suspect of it so I stopped on those too. Sadly all you can trust anymore are disc based games and even then I suppose you got a chance of a fraud but if there's a pic it's far easier than doing 20 questions about a cart/card.

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
magmorph: Well this stuff is like 6 months back, but I recently posted it out of boredom
tongue.gif
So I guess it's too late to be complaining now.
GameWinner: Yeah same xD
metamaster: man that sucks ..
Salax: Is that like a one way ticket to non-stop jizzing?
rofl2.gif

But yeah I guess that really sucks.
Julian Sidewind: If you're talking about my sig then lol
tongue.gif
(I don't know what OP means.)
Chaz: Yeah I learned my lesson... lol ebay sucks. Brand new doesn't exactly mean fake though. Some people mean "Brand New" as in untouched, unopened.
Jax: Too late to be complaining now, this was like months back. but posted out of boredom
tongue.gif

Infinite Zero: Want one?
smileipb2.png
I have THREE
biggrin.gif
lol I know they're awesome
Urza: Well.. things happen :3
Hells Malice: Will try
biggrin.gif

TM2-Megatron: Hm.. But what pissed me off is that it was written pretty much all over the box and manual that it included the wireless adapter.
And for your second post, yes I agree.
Joe 88: I haz no idea
Jundeezy: I forgot but the guy's name was Mastergamepro I guess... check it on ebay.
Oh man that manual... it's just insane XD
Falcon27252: Yeah ebay sucks. I only use it to know the prices of stuff then I check amazon. I learned my lesson pretty well. I feel bad for you it was THREE games you got as fakes?
wacko.gif

johncenafan427: oh man you should check out chinamart where I live. I got a $4 R/C helicopter, made of foam and bubblewrap and stuff XD broke on the first day
Costello: Yeah that is exactly what's written in my manual.
rofl2.gif
I wouldn't really call it a manual but...
Parablank: lol 4 hours
ca_michelbach: lol yeah Im gonna try messing with that seller
tongue.gif
oh yeah and my laptop is an Acer Aspire 5536G. All the newest models of Aspires have similar keyboards.
Vampire Hunter
ohnoes.png
yeah... i guess
supersonic5000: lol I know right?
biggrin.gif

_Chaz_: Yeah? Well I got dhierria
smileipb2.png

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, first, its your fault, Ebay is full of scammers but that doesnt mean everyone on ebay is one. NEVER buy from someone who has les than 99.7%, yours had 99% thats too low. Second, you just bought cuz u were blinded by having the games, didnt even checked his feedback, which, with a 99% must have a lot of negatives. Next time, extensively check sellers feedback and never buy from someone with less than 99.7%. Try and find the 100%s with a lot of feedback, which means they are good sellers...

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
joybeba6679 said:
Ok, first, its your fault, Ebay is full of scammers but that doesnt mean everyone on ebay is one. NEVER buy from someone who has les than 99.7%, yours had 99% thats too low. Second, you just bought cuz u were blinded by having the games, didnt even checked his feedback, which, with a 99% must have a lot of negatives. Next time, extensively check sellers feedback and never buy from someone with less than 99.7%. Try and find the 100%s with a lot of feedback, which means they are good sellers...

Whoa! At least 99.7? Well... I'm not really an everyday online shopper so I don't know much. I'm not EXACTLY blaming eBay... It's just the fact that MOST of the fake stuff people order comes from eBay, and how most sellers are liers just pisses me off. Well, it's not my fault... But I guess on the other hand I wasn't right either. I'll be more careful, no need to start flaming... and thanks. Although I didn't quite understand the bold part up there. I understood the rest.

Joe88 said:
QUOTE(doeo @ Jul 6 2010, 02:53 PM) Joe 88: I haz no idea
basically these are the real boxes

pokemonfireredboxcover.jpg

pokemon-firered-gba.439901.jpg

918915_87749_back.jpg

and this is one that came with the fake game

04-54a30540-67b0-49f3-8af3-38f0f95b2e78.jpg

Wow... So is this fake of mine kind of famous? I thought it's one of those cheap stuff you'd only see once in a life time.
Cause yeah it's exactly the second one.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do understand the difference between 99% and 99.7% right???? In ebay, 0.7 means a lot, just be more carefull next time...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doeo said:
magmorph: Well this stuff is like 6 months back, but I recently posted it out of boredom
tongue.gif
rofl2.gif

tongue.gif
Chaz: Yeah I learned my lesson... lol ebay sucks. Brand new doesn't exactly mean fake though. Some people mean "Brand New" as in untouched, unopened.
Jax: Too late to be complaining now, this was like months back. but posted out of boredom
tongue.gif

smileipb2.png
I have THREE
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

TM2-Megatron: Hm.. But what pissed me off is that it was written pretty much all over the box and manual that it included the wireless adapter.
Jundeezy: I forgot but the guy's name was Mastergamepro I guess... check it on ebay.
Falcon27252: Yeah ebay sucks. I only use it to know the prices of stuff then I check amazon. I learned my lesson pretty well. I feel bad for you it was THREE games you got as fakes?
wacko.gif

johncenafan427: oh man you should check out chinamart where I live. I got a $4 R/C helicopter, made of foam and bubblewrap and stuff XD broke on the first day
rofl2.gif
tongue.gif
oh yeah and my laptop is an Acer Aspire 5536G. All the newest models of Aspires have similar keyboards.
Vampire Hunter
ohnoes.png
yeah... i guess
biggrin.gif

smileipb2.png

I'm kinda confused... Didn't you post this on here for us to comment on?

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rule number one for buying on ebay: Don't buy anything you can't see a real picture of.

Ebay is a good place to buy used games from if you know what you are doing. Mainly buying from other gamers who are selling their game to get some money back to buy themselves new games. (I do this myself) Never buy something with a "stock" picture or when the seller has many copies of the same game listed.

To the creator of this post: If I were you I Would open a dispute case agaist him asap and file it for receiving an item not as described. Also write how you can prove it is a fake. Ebay will refund your money. Sellers no longer have instant access to the funds received from selling game, Paypal now places holds on the money received from game sales in case of fraudulent cases such as this.

Also leave him negative feed back when it's all over! The feedback system on ebay has been changed as well, a buyer may leave negative feedback but can never receive negative feedback from the seller! I hope you really give it to this loser. good luck
biggrin.gif

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
im pretty sure the box is also fake

the original has a logo on the front adverting the new wireless system which each game came with one
the players choice version (which says it on the top with a yellow bar) doesnt have the logo and doesnt come with it
Not all of them, mine's completely legit and didn't.

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
doeo said:
tongue.gif
rofl2.gif

tongue.gif
tongue.gif

smileipb2.png
I have THREE
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

wacko.gif

rofl2.gif
tongue.gif
Vampire Hunter
ohnoes.png
yeah... i guess
biggrin.gif

smileipb2.png

I'm kinda confused... Didn't you post this on here for us to comment on?

Wait... Wut? I don't get you ..

QUOTE(neotank19 @ Jul 7 2010, 03:31 AM)
Rule number one for buying on ebay: Don't buy anything you can't see a real picture of.

Ebay is a good place to buy used games from if you know what you are doing. Mainly buying from other gamers who are selling their game to get some money back to buy themselves new games. (I do this myself) Never buy something with a "stock" picture or when the seller has many copies of the same game listed.

To the creator of this post: If I were you I Would open a dispute case agaist him asap and file it for receiving an item not as described. Also write how you can prove it is a fake. Ebay will refund your money. Sellers no longer have instant access to the funds received from selling game, Paypal now places holds on the money received from game sales in case of fraudulent cases such as this.

Also leave him negative feed back when it's all over! The feedback system on ebay has been changed as well, a buyer may leave negative feedback but can never receive negative feedback from the seller! I hope you really give it to this loser. good luck
biggrin.gif

Will try... but a nooby issue thats troubling me is not being able to search for sellers by name. Any one can help me? XD

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
johncenafan427 said:
doeo said:

see what i mean?
never buy from chinese sellers, unless u live in china of course.

lollll
not being racist against china but like
it's just too extreme XD

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can never buy a real pokemon game from ebay, ever.
My boy friend once bought me a Pokemon Platinum from a user with 100% positive feedback. When we got it, we got two of them, both of them in white thick fake boxes, the covers were just photocopies of the real cover, the manual was the real deal interestingly enough, and both games were clearly fake. They both also had two different save problems, one won't save, the other took forever to save and only saved once. I even tried switching out the save file from my flashcart and got the same thing. Then I looked at the rom and it was like 25KB and when I real rom from the real card my boy friend has and it was totally different.

ehayes427

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
doeo said:
johncenafan427 said:
doeo said:

see what i mean?
never buy from chinese sellers, unless u live in china of course.

lollll
not being racist against china but like
it's just too extreme XD

lol no racism implied.
just saying, i've purchased from chinese sellers b4,
haven't been satisfied.
one seller never shipped the item, luckily it was just $.99 headphones.
the other CLAIMED to be a US Seller, but item was shipped from china.
That's another thing: If "US SELLER" is plastered all over the item picture, they probably aren't actually a US Seller.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
johncenafan427 said:
That's another thing: If "US SELLER" is plastered all over the item picture, they probably aren't actually a US Seller.
That's the thing. The seller is in the US, its just that the item they are selling is in China.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person