Homebrew Why GB Injector doesnt work with lsdj?

rewrewrew123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Hi everybody,
I was trying to experiment with LSDJ, I was tempted about injecting it into my 3DS, which is technically possible.
I inject the lsdj.gb rom into the cia with the right program, it says everything is fine.
I try to install it with FBI and it is successfully installed.

Unfortunately, when I try to launch it, the console simply freezes after booting up and it says "an error has occured"

Any fix?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi everybody,
I was trying to experiment with LSDJ, I was tempted about injecting it into my 3DS, which is technically possible.
I inject the lsdj.gb rom into the cia with the right program, it says everything is fine.
I try to install it with FBI and it is successfully installed.

Unfortunately, when I try to launch it, the console simply freezes after booting up and it says "an error has occured"

Any fix?
LSDJ uses a larger save file than what's normal, which might be the cause. But it is homebrew after all, which Nintendo's emulator is obviously not made with in mind. So it could be any little inaccuracy in the emulator.

rewrewrew123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
LSDJ uses a larger save file than what's normal, which might be the cause. But it is homebrew after all, which Nintendo's emulator is obviously not made with in mind. So it could be any little inaccuracy in the emulator.
I agree, but it is sh*t with emulator, because of sound inaccuracy and the "out-of-sync"
For this reason I was trying to inject it, but i'm out of luck.
Any fix?

I mean, it wouldnt be so hard to patch this thing, it is just a filesize matter, isnt it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I agree, but it is sh*t with emulator, because of sound inaccuracy and the "out-of-sync"
For this reason I was trying to inject it, but i'm out of luck.
Any fix?

I mean, it wouldnt be so hard to patch this thing, it is just a filesize matter, isnt it?
Assuming that's the issue. Virtual Console is far from accurate, so some homebrew is just not going to work even if they work on real hardware.

rewrewrew123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Assuming that's the issue. Virtual Console is far from accurate, so some homebrew is just not going to work even if they work on real hardware.
You're right, but it is just a fix of save type!
If it would be at least bootable with VC injector it would be great...

RandomMan25XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried injecting it with nsui beta 27?, If not, try the official VC emulator first when making the inject, if that doesn't work you can try injecting into gambette or tgb dual, failing that you can always just run it directly in retroarch using one of those mentioned cores or in mGBA

rewrewrew123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Have you tried injecting it with nsui beta 27?, If not, try the official VC emulator first when making the inject, if that doesn't work you can try injecting into gambette or tgb dual, failing that you can always just run it directly in retroarch using one of those mentioned cores or in mGBA
i did not. i will try and eventually update, thanks.

I am not using an emulator because it basically sucks in playing some sounds (wav channel for example)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did not. i will try and eventually update, thanks.

I am not using an emulator because it basically sucks in playing some sounds (wav channel for example)
You're not going to get any further emulation support from the official Nintendo GB VC injection. If it had worked, this thread wouldn't have existed in the first place. Other than mGBA that was previously mentioned back in NSUI thread, the only options left are:
Other than that, invest in Game Boy Color + GB(C) flashcart or some sort of FPGA mimicry if accuracy is what you're aiming for.

Edit - NSUI beta 27 when creating Game Boy Color CIA with the Injection Method: RetroArch Gambatte forwarder also works. When you go to import the LSDj.sav file, rename-copy-paste this to:
  • sdmc:/nsui_forwarder_data/gbc_<tidlow>_<title>/savefiles/rom.srm
In order for the save to appear or take affect, delete the savestate file.
  • sdmc:/nsui_forwarder_data/gbc_<tidlow>_<title>/savestates/rom.state.auto

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse