Hacking Why don't these games work? (through disc channel)

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I want to make these games to work through the disc channel: Biohazard Zero (JAP), Bleach Versus Crusade (JAP)

I can play them by using FreeLoader / SoftChip / Gamma Backup Loader but i want them to run directly through the disc channel because i'm using a RGB-Cable on my PAL Wii (v3.2e with WiiKey 1.9s)

These two games do start through disc channel but they stop working at the "loading" screen right before the title screen.

Making games work on PAL never was a problem when a JAP or USA game had a black screen or something, i've patched many of them by changing VideoMode, language and IOS-patcher (like DK Jungle Beat, Mario Sluggers, No More Heroes ....and many more ) but i'd like to know what's the problem that makes BLEACH VS CRUSADE and BIOHAZARD ZERO stop working suddenly

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Wiisel said:
my bleach 1:1 freezes with component (edtv) cables but runs fine on composite
so does mine with RGB-cable
.. but i'd like to know what the problem is to fix it

I thought it might be an IOS problem so i've burned it forced to use IOS249 and another time forced to use IOS36 too
(i always use a DVD-RW, otherwise i would have wasted 20 DVD's for these 2 games so far
biggrin.gif
)

So, is there somebody who knows WHY it freezes when using RGB or Component Cable?

Edit:
I need to tell you - BLEACH VERSUS CRUSADE works when changing Wii settings to use 50Hz, but that's not what i want. I want them both to run through disc channel with 60Hz

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have no problem with B:VC launching it thru Disc Channel using rebooter and edtv cables, but I'm a NTSC user so maybe my answer is not what you need, 3.2 downgraded from 3.4

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
ether2802 said:
I have no problem with B:VC launching it thru Disc Channel using rebooter and edtv cables, but I'm a NTSC user so maybe my answer is not what you need, 3.2 downgraded from 3.4
yep, it works for you because you've got a NTSC wii, but unfortunately PAL-users have this problem and i'm wondering WHY

I'd like to fix this damn problem soon

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just tried and it works fine with rebooter with region free set for me so i guess it has something to do with region protection or maybe even the 002 error as that also appears to be region related, it is odd that it works with composite cable and not the others tho.

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Wiisel said:
.. i guess it has something to do with region protection ..
hmm.. i don't think so because both games "start" and freeze then, and in the case of BLEACH VS CRUSADE - you can play it when choosing 50Hz from wii menu (but that doesn't work for BIOHAZARD ZERO, i get a jap error message after the capcom logo and before the title screen)

QUOTE(Wiisel @ Jan 12 2009, 10:08 PM) .. or maybe even the 002 error
BIOHAZARD ZERO doesn't have a 002-error protection, and for BLEACH i removed it by using GenericWiiPatcher

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raylene2K7 said:
hmm.. i don't think so because both games "start" and freeze then, and in the case of BLEACH VS CRUSADE - you can play it when choosing 50Hz from wii menu (but that doesn't work for BIOHAZARD ZERO, i get a jap error message after the capcom logo and before the title screen)

Damn those Jap error messages they ruin everything
blink.gif
rolleyes.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PAL Wii rgb cable + NTSC-J games ==> You are lucky if you can play the games with correct colors with a loader.

Patching the .isos could help, but i don't know what you need to patch. I guess video mode NTSC->PAL and something with japanese language.

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
20clarky08 said:
or you could just get Resident Evil Zero like any sane man would...

just a thought.
Sorry Mr. Sane but that doesn't help a bit, and i wasn't talking about Resident Evil Zero, i do mean Biohazard Zero
(btw - i already got Resident Evil Zero, for years!)

@WiiPower
I've patched all my JAP or US Games (the ones that needed to) to play them through the disc channel with correct colors.
The Colors are only messed up (red screen) when using FreeLoader, GeckoOS, SoftChip and Backup Launcher/Loader

Well, ok, i'm gonna try some more patch options (i've tried 5 different IOS's so far and two different PAL-modes + the auto patching NTSC2PAL) ... there are some left, so maybe i'll find a way

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
No, i don't need to force that. I can play both games just by starting.
Both games do start through the disc channel too - but they freeze right before the title screen.

(Bleach VS Crusade does work and i can play it when settings are at 50Hz, but 50Hz suck, i guess you know that already
wink.gif
)

Again, what i need is a hint for how to fix the freezing problem for the games

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Raylene2K7 said:
No, i don't need to force that. I can play both games just by starting.
Both games do start through the disc channel too - but they freeze right before the title screen.

(Bleach VS Crusade does work and i can play it when settings are at 50Hz, but 50Hz suck, i guess you know that already
wink.gif
)

Again, what i need is a hint for how to fix the freezing problem for the games

Freeze right before title screen != game loads from disc channel
do you need to force the language for resident evil to be playable from a loader?

Your NTSC->PAL patch might have patched all video modes to PAL50 and not NTSC to PAL60 as i would do it. Not because i prefer PAL60 over PAL50, just because, PAL60 and NTSC are both 480i.

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
No, i don't need to force the language to japanese.

I'm gonna try some more PAL-modes, i've just used VideoModeChanger2.3 to patch it manually
(i'm burning at the moment)

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
Raylene2K7 said:
20clarky08 said:
or you could just get Resident Evil Zero like any sane man would...

just a thought.
Sorry Mr. Sane but that doesn't help a bit, and i wasn't talking about Resident Evil Zero, i do mean Biohazard Zero
(btw - i already got Resident Evil Zero, for years!)

@WiiPower
I've patched all my JAP or US Games (the ones that needed to) to play them through the disc channel with correct colors.
The Colors are only messed up (red screen) when using FreeLoader, GeckoOS, SoftChip and Backup Launcher/Loader

Well, ok, i'm gonna try some more patch options (i've tried 5 different IOS's so far and two different PAL-modes + the auto patching NTSC2PAL) ... there are some left, so maybe i'll find a way

am sorry but as far as i am aware and also according to google Resident Evil 0 is Biohazard 0, all the resident evil games are called Biohazard in Japan...

so less of the attitude

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if your feeling adventurous you could try to install the cioscorp pack and see if that helps at all. i know it fixed the few trouble games i had, but then im on ntsc so it may not help at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning