Hacking Why doesn't Mario number1 release the kernel exploit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

troylly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can any body tell me why.PS:I am not meant to blame anyone,I have no rights,I
just wonder why

RealLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, this has been stated all over. But I will just say it here. On GBATemp, people usually don't release exploits until Nintendo patches them. This is because we don't want to just throw away work for Nintendo to fix the exploit and possibly make it even worse for us 0_o. We don't let Nintendo know what we exploited, and let them try and fix random stuff. If 5.5.2 comes out and patches Marionumber1's exploit, it will be released soon after.

CloudCocopuffs

3DS Homebrew Enthusiast
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, this has been stated all over. But I will just say it here. On GBATemp, people usually don't release exploits until Nintendo patches them. This is because we don't want to just throw away work for Nintendo to fix the exploit and possibly make it even worse for us 0_o. We don't let Nintendo know what we exploited, and let them try and fix random stuff. If 5.5.2 comes out and patches Marionumber1's exploit, it will be released soon after.
Yeah, some of us ;) have a few tricks up our sleeves, you've just got to know when the right time to release..
It can be hard waiting, having something completely ready to release, and waiting for nintendo to patch it.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There comes a point when a baby bird must spread its wings and fly from the nest. Usually momma bird gives a nudge when she feels that baby is ready to take flight. Only that mother knows when the time is right. The baby bird 5.5.1 must not be ready to spread its wings and fly. Only MN1 knows when it will be time to push that baby from the nest.
Don't worry it will happen. (well unless a cat gets it first.)

CloudCocopuffs

3DS Homebrew Enthusiast
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No i'm serious codeleakers was a site I was on and a guy had your very name, hold on let me find it
Ok it's Team_fatal. And he was into wii u modding as well so I was just wondering

No i'm serious codeleakers was a site I was on and a guy had your very name, hold on let me find it
Ok it's Team_fatal. And he was into wii u modding as well, so I was just wondering
kek double post

Reactions: troylly

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had my own exploit that to my knowledge only I had at that point. I would not post it, why have the slightest chance to have my exploit patched? What would I get from doing that? Maybe I would give it to some people I knew well enough to be confident they could expand on something. But for the mass public? What's the point?

Why take the risk of having a known and developed exploit being patched, with absolutely no certainty that I may ever gain access again? Exploits are no sure thing, they're not always going to be there. I would feel better if I knew I did not give anyone the leg up on patching it.

Reactions: Net-KILLER

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why do you all care that much about the exploit?
If you are a dev and want to start working on homebrew I completely understand, but aren't most of you guys just want piracy on 5.5.1? Why not just buy a wii u on 5.3.2?
If there is a problem with money, even after you sell the 5.5.1, you fucked up. Learn from it and don't do it again. Be glad there is a way to get all the nice things eventually.

The only reason i'd like the exploit is for emunand and a more secure way to block the updates.

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
It's about philosophy, some people prefer releasing everything and make everyone happy, making the "X" scene, an amazing scene. (Like 3DS one)
Other people don't, they just want everything for themself and being worshipped like a god. ™

Reactions: soniczx123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8