Readme FIRST before posting anything!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Kafluke, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    1. Please read through the ENTIRE thread that relates to your question. The authors of these threads work very hard to keep them all updated. Sometimes their personal lives need attention and they miss an update here and there. If your question isn't covered in these stickies then post a reply in THE STICKY THREAD THAT PERTAINS TO YOUR QUESTION. If you open a new thread and your question has already been answered in one of these stickies then it will make it hard for people to feel like helping you. We really don't want to see your thread get closed or deleted. It just drives new posters away but it WILL happen if it's considered a "needless post".

Just make sure your question hasn't already been answered in one of these sticky threads and then move on to point #2.

[​IMG]

2. Try using the search functions. Just because it hasn't been stickied doesn't mean that it's not a helpful thread. This will search through the whole "Wii U - Hacking & Homebrew" section.

[​IMG]

3. If you cannot find your answer in the stickies or any of the existing threads then feel free to ask this awesome community for their help. You're either one of three categories of posters:
    a. A developer with the ability to make magic with coding and homebrew and are ready to share your findings.
    b. A user with experience in how to get things working and wanting to help others.
    c. A user experiencing roadblocks and are in need of help.
    If you don't fit into one of these categories then you shouldn't be creating new threads. If you've come to complain and whine or be belligerent then don't bother.

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of good people on here that want to help. Please don't make them answer the same questions over and over.

Final note: If you still can't find what you're looking for then PM me and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. I'm not a dev, I don't create tutorials very well, I've just followed the scene from day one. I can point you towards the real geniuses in this forum.

Last edited by Kafluke, Apr 4, 2016

2. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Wow that image looks like crap!

Subtle Demise and endoverend like this.
  3. H3llbender

H3llbender Cancer

Jun 1, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Are you hoping this is going to be added to the Sticky Threads....?

Jiehfeng, ldeveraux, lordelan and 4 others like this.
  4. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    nah. Just created so I can refer to it when I need to. Plus, the image looks horrible. I need to try and fix that.

5. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I think that the thought process behind this is good, as a lot of people here could certainly use this. I have a couple of issues with it, though
    1) The picture is pretty low quality, and I really can't read the text
    2) If someone isn't reading the stickies, do you think that they're going to read this? :P

Subtle Demise and Baphomet like this.
  6. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I'll work on splitting it up. Thanks for the input!

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  7. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    This^^^ You can break it into smaller zoomed images with descriptions

Kafluke likes this.
  8. Wiiunator

Wiiunator GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2015
    Ha! Maybe when you sign up the gbatemp they could implement some sort of competency test :)

9. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    1) fixing that now.
    2) I just wanted to have this ready for reply's to stupid thread creations.

TotalInsanity4 and Guy50570 like this.
  10. Wiiunator

Wiiunator GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2015
    I was being sarcastic. I know some noobs post can be pretty annoying from time to time, but there are also some very useful and smart noobs who have been following this forum for years before signing up and are contributing to this community. I think ignoring anoying comments is the biggest power we have here... We don't have to be patronizing or condescending to anyone... Just don't respond.

I do like your ideas though!

Last edited by Wiiunator, Apr 4, 2016
    TotalInsanity4 and Kafluke like this.
  11. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Better?

I don't know how that image just got attached to this post. Wow, I'm really struggling today.

Attached Files:

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  12. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    Oh no look out it's the....
    [​IMG]

mech and Subtle Demise like this.
  13. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Deleted. Mispost

Last edited by Kafluke, Apr 4, 2016
  14. TheZander

TheZander member

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Hey man, searching before posting is serious alright? There's some things you don't joke about. Do you know what wasted bandwidth does to the atmosphere? Good luck explaining to your grandchildren that the reason that have to wear masks is because you and other like minded individuals decided to post something before searching the stickies.

15. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    So people who don't search and don't read the stickies will read this thread? Ok, good luck with that.

FaTaL_ErRoR likes this.
  16. Net-KILLER

Net-KILLER computer says no

Oct 22, 2009
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    in a pineapple under the sea
  17. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    Don't tell me what to do.

lonemoonHD and Pestilence204 like this.
  18. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    So, is the 5.5.1 kernel exploit out yet??
    I have a 5.5.1 wii u what can I do with it in terms of backuploading?
    I do believe I need to go make two new threads on this at once and title the first on as 5.5.1 kexploit....And the second one titled backup loading on 5.5.1.

@TheZander your reply just made my day.
    (you damn bandwidth hugger)lol 20 years from now people will be talking about the great bandwidth crisis. Oh, it was horrible forums going up everywhere, people posting without reading sticky thread. Sucked the internet dry. People werent able to post legit posts, threads getting buried by ads, it was a total nightmare.

19. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    LOL. Yes, do that @FaTaL_ErRoR Just for all of our amusement! Grab some popcorn and enjoy the replies!

FaTaL_ErRoR likes this.
  20. Farowe

Farowe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2014
    Mexico
    Mexico City, Mexico
    Your intentions are good but really, your thread is very ironic, it is like printing out a 500-page book with the title: "How to read a book".

Last edited by Farowe, Apr 5, 2016
    Subtle Demise and brienj like this.