Hacking Why doesn't Mario number1 release the kernel exploit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were Nintendo, I'd never release a new update because we know, it comes out when it's patched, right?
So yeah, would never do that, and our 5.5.x consoles can't be hacked!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Because MarioNumber1 is really Reggie! /s

To be fair, we should be happy if they release anything at all. I'm collecting as many Wii U games as I can and I have maybe 10 to go (I mean was it released more than 10?)

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Quote from the Definitive guide (sticky) which answers your question:

There is currently a private 5.5.0/5.5.1 (kernel mode) exploit that has been found and developed.

It's kind of like being on a desert island with a single bottle of water. You can either drink it all now (release the exploit) and know you'll die of dehydration (Nintendo patches the exploit), or you can save it and hope to get rescued (emuNAND or find a second exploit) before you need to drink it.

The hacking team have said they will release the exploit on these conditions:

If it's already patched in the next FW, it can be released since that's the main reason it's not being released anyways.

If there's a #2 exploit, then #1 can be released for the homebrew community to enjoy. We know it would be patched in the next FW, but hopefully exploit #2 could be ported.

If there are so many people contributing that it's really hurting the scene to hold it back, that defeats the purpose of having the exploit in the first place. We would need more devs then just the ~5 that we currently have though.

Translation: With emuNAND, it doesn't matter what Nintendo does because all they could do is update the emulated NAND. Spoofer is good for now, but it's likely to get patched in the next update.

Please read the OP of that thread... I'm copy/pasting with my phone which isn't ideal...

Last edited by Wiiunator,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4chanpartyvan.jpg

Reactions: Phantom64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay