ROM Hack Why doesn't anyone wanna translate Rockman OSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
No one wants to translate the game because it's a waste of time, and there are many more projects that deserve their attention.

If it really matters that much to you, you might want to take a 4 year Japanese course, and then learn how to hack ROMS, starting with something simple like editing the text on an NES ROM.

Not to mention that there is a stickied topic for translation requests. You might want to use that.

Roxas93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sucks so much because this game got cancelled to be released here and no one wants to translate it
frown.gif

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Roxas93 said:
This sucks so much because this game got cancelled to be released here and no one wants to translate it
frown.gif
Lol This topic again

It wasn't cancelled... It was never even scheduled to be released in NA or EU nor anywhere else, iirc. If you haven't played Battle Network 1 I'd suggest finding a means to gaining it and playing that.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'd like to see this game translated as I am a huge megaman game but I don't think anyone at the Temp is gonna do it...which is why I've never asked (I normally don't ask for translations anywho). Your best bet, if you want it as bad as you seem, is to learn to rom hack and do it yourself. Why give a man a fish when you can teach him how to fish and feed him forever (or however the saying goes).

I wanna learn to hack (in my free time) so I don't have to wait or ask for games I wanna pay.

Also you may wanna ask a little nicer next time cause you came off as a bit of an ass...but you've apologized so its bridge under the water. As I said you can learn to rom hack so you can do this game and then do other games you may want to play in the future or just use a guide off gamefaqs or something.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow, you guys are a bunch of asses

As much as I'd love to drop everything and attempt to translate it, Rockman.EXE games have always incredibly daunting, even to experienced romhackers (your definition of "experienced" may not be the same as mine, lol)
To even touch the Megaman games, you'd wanna fix the first glaring problem that every MMBN fan has with the series: The huge-ass-font.
Oh, and that's another thing: You'd have to fix the fullwidth font to fit into smaller areas, otherwise you'll get a ton of awkward abbreviations, like every single Battle Chip name in the games.

Doing this is a little tougher than simply opening the ROM in a hex editor and punching some keys: On top of that the game itself is compressed - that has to be decompressed before you even start with the other problems mentioned before. The game can be decompressed pretty easily...modifying the text width probably requires ASM knowledge.

And then there's the script. Which is a pain in the ass to do in a hex editor; you're probably going to write a program for yourself that allows you to easily modify the script files!

In short, for someone new to romhacking that's as easy as ripping all the animations from an Ace Attorney game.

Frankly, the users on this forum who are experienced enough that they could just roll their eyes, chuckle and mash out a "Test test This game sucks!" easily have other, far bigger projects they want to tackle. Like RPGs that are actually good that aren't going to be localized. And not remakes of a game already released in the US.

Just using a strategy guide along with playing the game will actually prevent less headaches in the long run. And from people throwing around words like DOUCHE and JACKASS :V

WiKiLEAK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You know what ... i´m with you bro!, i will translate this game you are asking for ... i am going to translate it ... TO SPANISH
ohmy.gif

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I even want a translation of this is so I don't have to buy one of those 3 in 1 things.

Since I'm not carrying around six or seven GBA carts in my pocket.

Roxas93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rokku said:
The only reason I even want a translation of this is so I don't have to buy one of those 3 in 1 things.

Since I'm not carrying around six or seven GBA carts in my pocket.
Yeah same for me i rather play it on my r4i gold then waste money on a gba flashcart or play it on the computer

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
Want to learn the ultimate translation for every nds rom?

learn Japanese
'Tis my ultimate goal.

Anyway, yeah, the real reason most people won't translate it is because it's mostly the 1st game, and while I also want it, I could just learn to hack DS games and input the text myself.

Roxas93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this topic won't die, not yet I'm getting closer for someone to make a English patch or translation or whatever i can feel it

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be completely honest, I forgot this game existed!

Which is sad cause I really wanted to play it. I had it up to here with that starforce garbage.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roxas93 said:
this topic won't die, not yet I'm getting closer for someone to make a English patch or translation or whatever i can feel it
...I don't even know how to respond to that...

Look, one of my favorite sayings is:
"If no one else will do it, take matters into your own hands"
At least give it a try.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
To be completely honest, I forgot this game existed!

Which is sad cause I really wanted to play it. I had it up to here with that starforce garbage.

+1

As a close to die-hard megaman fan I can not agree more with your entire statement

EDIT - But to OP I honestly can say that this isn't getting translated...Your best bet would be to do what I said in my 1st post on page one.

Roxas93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand why no one wants to translate this game its been out for almost 2 years and nothing i know its the same as bn 1 but still someone should just translate it to get it out of the way and some people never played BN 1 and and like some people I wanna play it on the ds with a little-bit new content that's all i don't see why nobody wants to translate this game this is really sad i really wish i knew how to translate games put its just to hard i don't get how any of it works.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roxas93 said:
I really don't understand why no one wants to translate this game its been out for almost 2 years and nothing i know its the same as bn 1 but still someone should just translate it to get it out of the way and some people never played BN 1 and and like some people I wanna play it on the ds with a little-bit new content that's all i don't see why nobody wants to translate this game this is really sad i really wish i knew how to translate games put its just to hard i don't get how any of it works.
Well no one has a real drive to do so. The thing is, while we may want it, there aren't enough people who want it and there isn't enough of a reason for someone to want to do it.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roxas93 said:
Heck I'm all for what you're requesting, but the problem is no one has the willpower to translate this. Heck I'd be satisfied with just the menus and battle chips.

Because I just cant read moonrunes.

Roxas93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its really lame how a game called love plus which i never even heard of get a english patch and dragonball z kai ultimate butouden whatever its called gets 2 different people working on it with two different translations this just really has no logic at all.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Roxas93 said:
Its really lame how a game called love plus which i never even heard of and dragonball z kai ultimate butouden whatever its called get a English patch and not this game there is just no logic to this really

It's really sad how you insult what translators choose to translate, and it will get you nowhere here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw