Misc Others Why does this happen?

TomodachiWorld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So not too long ago I was playing my Nintendo DSi, when I found a weird glitch that hardlocks the system, and makes it be just white on both screens, and there was no way for me to shut it off, and I didn't wanna have to take out the battery and put it in again, here's what I did for this to occur:

1. I inserted my copy of Pokémon Black 1.
2. I factory reset the first second I could.
3. I removed the cartridge as it was still factory resetting as fast as possible.
4. I inserted my Yoshi's Island DS cartridge as soon as possible after removing the Pokémon Black 1 cartridge. I have no idea if this was a reason why this hapened.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly what sounds like what happened is that you caused an interrupt when you inserted in new software while the OS was executing a delicate procedure.

You know when a computer would say "Don't shut off your computer while updates are being installed"? Because doing so would cause an interrupt to the procedure, causing freezing and/or outright corruption. Fortunately for you it seems like the DSi's OS is more stable to prevent corruption, otherwise your actions could have had some really bad consequences.

Reactions: TomodachiWorld

TomodachiWorld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly what sounds like what happened is that you caused an interrupt when you inserted in new software while the OS was executing a delicate procedure.

You know when a computer would say "Don't shut off your computer while updates are being installed"? Because doing so would cause an interrupt to the procedure, causing freezing and/or outright corruption. Fortunately for you it seems like the DSi's OS is more stable to prevent corruption, otherwise your actions could have had some really bad consequences.
Ok good to know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...