Hacking Discussion why does everyone think that atmosphere will fix/solve everything?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yeah this guy is a hypocrite, i'll never trust him
That doesn't change the fact that they stole code from Atmosphere. You can distrust him all you want, but your distrust doesn't change anything.

Reactions: ultramario1998

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NeoSlyde If you fervently believe that TX did not use code from other sources, then provide proof that they did not rather than believe that TX would do no such thing because you have such blind faith to them that you believe they would do no wrong. Otherwise, you are acting no more mature than people who hate on TX simply because you are doing the same thing they do but for the opposite "team"

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@NeoSlyde If you fervently believe that TX did not use code from other sources, then provide proof that they did not rather than believe that TX would do no such thing because you have such blind faith to them that you believe they would do no wrong. Otherwise, you are acting no more mature than people who hate on TX simply because you are doing the same thing they do but for the opposite "team"
I'm not saying that they didn't used code
i just said SX OS isn't a bootleg of Athmosphere

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since NeoSlyde does not like hexkyz, let us quote another person for further evidence (sorry adrifcastr, please forgive me >.<)
So according to:

https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbloader/tree/master/source

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/master/stratosphere/loader/source

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/master/stratosphere/fs_mitm/source

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/commit/d9dba2b1825c4e99c94c7587bd9230cc1eccf906

nx-hbloader: 383
atm-loader: 5.714
atm-fs-mitm: 2.456
hkt-bdf: 26

"sx os" boot menu: 300
xci to s:fs: 500
DRM: 200

That makes a total of:

8,579 Lines of stolen code
1,000 Lines of written code
I should also add that while TX is not innocent here, I don't agree with how hexkyz has fully dispersed the information. Its very evident in his tweets that he has bias against TX and he relied on his reputation rather than giving the scene the full story on how TX implemented brick code. for example.

Reactions: adrifcastr

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since NeoSlyde does not like hexkyz, let us quote another person for further evidence (sorry adrifcastr, please forgive me >.<)
I should also add that while TX is not innocent here, I don't agree with how hexkyz has fully dispersed the information. Its very evident in his tweets that he has bias against TX and he relied on his reputation rather than giving the scene the full story on how TX implemented brick code. for example.
Oh I see...
I feel some deception.. but meh anyway
It’s not really a problem.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see...
I feel some deception.. but meh anyway
It’s not really a problem.
Exactly, that's the point;)
No one is asking you to care, we just want you to see the facts. If people want to keep buying SX products, they are certainly free to do so. Anyone who says otherwise are wrong because people are allowed to spend their money however they see fit. Its not TX's fault they were the first ones to implement a backup launcher.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone with an up to date cfw 3ds knows why atmosphere will be there for the long haul. bootstrap9 is the craziest thing ive seen on a gaming console since multiman ps3

Reactions: Tsubakiandou

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Exactly, that's the point;)
No one is asking you to care, we just want you to see the facts. If people want to keep buying SX products, they are certainly free to do so. Anyone who says otherwise are wrong because people are allowed to spend their money however they see fit. Its not TX's fault they were the first ones to implement a backup launcher.
I don't think many people are demanding other people to stop using it. It's more of a matter of laughing at how idiotic someone needs to be to become a chinese company zealot spending hours acting as rogue PR defending that sort of company just because they invested 20 bucks on it. Just begin to wrap your head around that whole statement, it's really golden.

Reactions: ultramario1998

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still early anyway. Let me remind you that Switch only little more than 1 year old so we will have plenty of time ahead.

And by long shot, a community hack is more surtainable since they work without money. Meanwhile team TX will eventually stop since no one will buy they product anymore one free solution are out and with no money left they will just be lazy and copy the community hack so they customer don't feel abadoned.
With OS or no OS, their dongles\jigs are still awesome and a good buy...

Also there is a upcoming soldering modchip from them that I'm also waiting, as much as people are soldering trinket m0 and other things, I trust more TX in regards to modchips.

I want a TX soldered modchip to coldboot and atmosphere as the main CFW, then when some softmod with coldboot or warmboot in hassle free way comes out I could de-solder the TX chip (though most likely the chip is more stealthy than something patched on the nand permanently to do coldboot or warmboot)...

Last edited by guily6669,

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS contains brick code, AFAIK, Atmosphere does not. Why should we be forced with only one choice?

I think this post shows exactly why I'm so jaded towards Atmosphere. Even when Hexkyz himself has proved the brick code is inactive and can't be triggered 99.99% of the time (if it's not outright impossible to do so), the narrative has already been constructed. TX = the devil, Atmosphere = godsend, sacred, the solution to all of our problems.

When it's released, and if it's good, I'll give it a shot. But I don't buy into all the hyperbole and outright hype surrounding Atmosphere.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this post shows exactly why I'm so jaded towards Atmosphere. Even when Hexkyz himself has proved the brick code is inactive and can't be triggered 99.99% of the time (if it's not outright impossible to do so), the narrative has already been constructed. TX = the devil, Atmosphere = godsend, sacred, the solution to all of our problems.

When it's released, and if it's good, I'll give it a shot. But I don't buy into all the hyperbole and outright hype surrounding Atmosphere.
Well at release I wouldn't expect much from it... It will need time for more devs\hackers to mod it, add a nice backup loading method, maybe even some sort of better game management with folders and maybe other things...

I specially want Temperature and clock gauges, hope someone could add that to atmosphere some time down the road...

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping playing backups is a quickly followed method after Atmosphère releases since I know it's not going to be a built-in feature... Someone just completely steal the code from SX OS and repurpose it, thanks. Steal from the thieves :rofl: LayeredFS isn't my cup of tea when installing things a lot more complicated than what SX OS does, at least at face value.

rvnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night