Hacking Why Does Everyone Hate On SX OS?

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
TX stole a lot of good features from open source CFW and only bring dirty features like broken FTP, a simple DNS and and dirty """"EmuNAND"""", and it's closed source.

There is just a really good XCI loader. That's all.

Last edited by Thetoto,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
SX Pro and OS have plenty of competition, there are other dongles avaiable in the market now, and good CFWs (ReiNX and RajNX) which not only do everything SX does, they are also free.

And without TX the only thing we would not have is the ability to run XCI backups files, but that is hardly relevant when NSP files are just as good.

And even the .XCI loader is something that is being worked on for the free alternatives. Well not exactly a loader, more of a installer i think it is

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Microsoft is charging for Windows and Office.
Linux is free and Open Source. LibreOffice is free and Open Source.
Why the fuck the whole world uses the paid solution instead of the free one? Right, because the paid one is a better overall package.

Except it's not. Most of the times the free solution is just as good or even better, mostly because, hey , it's free

-snip-

Last edited by linuxares,

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
SX Pro and OS have plenty of competition, there are other dongles avaiable in the market now, and good CFWs (ReiNX and RajNX) which not only do everything SX does, they are also free.

And without TX the only thing we would not have is the ability to run XCI backups files, but that is hardly relevant when NSP files are just as good.

There are other dongles on the market as of now, which are literally BRICKS. If I was about to kill someone, I'd certainly order one right now.
Also, before TX there was no (proper) backup-loading on the Switch. They were the first one to make it happen the way it's usable even for the biggest layman.
And everyone who is arguing that they stole something from someone has not enough brain capacity to understand what the verb "stealing" means.

Reactions: ChibiReaper and vpd

The14thfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Basically they messed up many things, bringing in many cases more brick/ban probability. Other hate has been brought because they basically copied a lot of community work into their software without giving proper credit.
A quick recap has been posted on Discord, i'm going to share a screenshot down here:

View attachment 144446

1. It's 1.0, what do you expect? Pretty sure no CFW has been perfect right at the start. Also they had XCI loading. Something that no one yet has.

2. Yeah, the brick code was a dick move.

3. *Fixed an issue* *Still complains*

4. *added layeredfs* *Removed brick code* *Added nsp support before anyone else* *Fixed a glitch in their own cfw* *Still bitches*.

5. *Stole tinfoil code* Uh, where? Didn't they also add features before tinfoil had them? Like mass install, mass remove, etc.

6. You mean an domain name/ip filter, not server...

7. Yeah that was just stupid.

8. Oh nooo, they are using numbers that I don't like. What am I ever gonna do!!!! Also it wasn't "BADLY". It just didn't boot on 6.0. They fixed it like the next day with 1.9.

9. First off the grammar on that comment sounds like some person who is frothing at the mouth while typing. Secondly, what did they "fuck up"? It worked fine, and me including other people kept using it. Also where is the evidence for the stolen code?

10. https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-does-sx-os-emunand-work.518936/

Are we still gonna fucking chew the same argument "TX STOLE OUR CODE!!!!" "BRICK CODE", etc. Seriously gbatemp is becoming more toxic every day. Do you want to do something about it? Go fucking sue them. Oh, wait, they're in china and you don't give enough of a fuck to do anything but whine. And didn't hexkyz say that him and SciresM (I think) were gonna write a report or some bullshit on how tx stole code and nothing came out of it?

It feels like as if any progression that happens on here is fucking drowned by dumbasses asking "Wat do I dooo, sxos not boot even doe I have SDCARD In PC", and then you have the other dumbasses like Simon who are frothing at the mouth whenever they hear that an update is released by TX, and then you have the shills who shill for TX and go around and comment crap that can't be understood by anyone, and all while this is happening, the entire community is focusing on bashing or shilling on TX while there is a lot of other good things to come out of the community if everyone just works together and focuses on something else.

And let me address the fucking arguments that have been chewed over so many times that they're fucking floating in spit.

1. They didn't adhere to the opensource license and broke it.

Answer:

They're selling a piracy product and don't give me that shit about how you use sxos just for homebrew. Most people buy it for piracy, and TX are pirates. If you expect them to stop at an open source license, then you're dreaming.

Secondly, doesn't every homebrew developer break the nintendo license by creating code that modifies the console? Oh right, we don't talk about that! Let's just bash SXOS and its users.

2. They're selling piracy.

Answer:

Yes. They are. What? You expect me to say something? Because we've had previously piracy being sold and I still haven't seen anyone saying anything. In fact in poor countries, piracy is constantly sold. DVD's, games, software, and so on. This is very common in china.

And piracy for consoles and pc's has also been sold before. In fact even hacking/pentesting software is also constantly sold. Yet no one is frothing at the mouth like people here, on discord, and on reddit.

3. Brick code.

Answer:

Yeah, that's shitty. Brick code is garbage, how ever they removed it. Story is over, move the fuck on instead of using this as an argument. The brick code doesn't exist anymore.

3.3 But it could've bricked someones console on accident!

Answer:

Literally no one got bricked, and the only person who got bricked was someone who was trying to hack it. No damage done, no brick code available, move on.

I might have some other arguments that I forgot but if you have any, let me know, and ill add them to the list.

In conclusion:

Stop bickering about this and move on. If someone wants to pay for sxos and then let them do what ever they want. They're not hurting anyone and the majority have started using free solutions like ReiNX. It hurts you in no way, and neither does it hurt the open source community/homebrew community. It's always been shown that when it comes to CFW, free software wins and paid software gets forgotten. How many people use gateway on the 3ds these days?

Secondly, saying that you own SXOS/ReinNX(or anything else) and then following it up with "BUT" doesn't make you less of a fanboy. I could also say "I have a dick, BUT I think that women are superior to men!" or "I have a vagina BUT I think men are superior to women!". That doesn't make my argument less of one sided, does it now?.
That screenshot screams fanboy and is no different from the sxos shills/fanboys that say "You don't know shit, you're stupid". It makes you look like a fanboy and it's obnoxious. Have any critique, then do it in a calm way instead of immediately concluding that "ITS BAD, DON'T USE IT".

And lastly, keep thy custom firmware to thy self and be nice to thy homebrew neighbor. Everyone here wants new features for their newly hacked console and loves the community. If you start to dish your anger out at the users and not the company, then you're simply an asshole who's pushing people away. You won't convince people with anger, you'll convince them by reasoning. Most people aren't that familiar with homebrew and are new to this stuff. Help them out even if they've bought SXOS. To them SXOS is easy, and that's fine. If they want something free, then point them to the reinx.guide website. Fanboys create other fanboys, and we don't want that now, do we?

Also @DanPavanez this isn't directed towards you, but to everyone on gbatemp. I hope this will clear any confusion.

Last edited by The14thfly,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
TX really made the community uncomfortable with their business choice.
I believe they need to come clean and apologize for what they did. Heck they can even contribute to the community (are already doing in fact: bounty).
As far as I know TX users are first and foremost part of the community, so there is no need to take side or feel superior in any way.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Stop bickering about this and move on. If someone wants to pay for sxos and then let them do what ever they want.

No one is asking the SX OS users to stop using SX OS, that's not even an issue here. OP asked why SX OS is hated, we explained the reasons. That's all. No one is asking them to change what CFW they use, no one is trying to change mind. We are answering a question, nothing more, nothing less. Your little rant, while understandable and does touch on every single point, is better suited to a different thread completely

The14thfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Saying that you love gbate
No one is asking the SX OS users to stop using SX OS, that's not even an issue here. OP asked why SX OS is hated, we explained the reasons. That's all. No one is asking them to change what CFW they use, no one is trying to change mind. We are answering a question, nothing more, nothing less. Your little rant, while understandable and does touch on every single point, is better suited to a different thread completely

I wasn't answering OP. Im talking about the screen shot. And yeah my "little rant" (passive aggressive) does belong to a different thread. How ever the screen shot ticked me off, and the fact that everyone is talking about TX on the forums. It's becoming a giant ad for TX. So that's why I wrote it.

Moomba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the best option right now, but people just love to complain. even the people who've had it since day one and know what they are doing act like it should be perfect.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I posted a thread of how every version of SX OS was complete shit. Unfortunately TX fanboys had to ruin it and it had to be moved to my blog.

Basically they messed up many things, bringing in many cases more brick/ban probability. Other hate has been brought because they basically copied a lot of community work into their software without giving proper credit.
A quick recap has been posted on Discord, i'm going to share a screenshot down here:

View attachment 144446
Ayy that's my post :)

Reactions: DanPavanez

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Saying that you love gbate

I wasn't answering OP. Im talking about the screen shot. And yeah my "little rant" (passive aggressive) does belong to a different thread. How ever the screen shot ticked me off, and the fact that everyone is talking about TX on the forums. It's becoming a giant ad for TX. So that's why I wrote it.

By screenshot you mean the one that points out every single fuck up that SX OS had? Fuck ups that could have been prevented had they taken their time and did some debugging/more research/more testing?

It's the best option right now, but people just love to complain. even the people who've had it since day one and know what they are doing act like it should be perfect.

It's A option. It's not the BEST option, it's not the WORST option, it's A option. If anything, it might be the simplest to implement

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali

I beg to differ on that claim. It's not the best now: the numerous posts and help request from many users on how to solve this issue from TX and those using alternatively the other free CFW prove this.
Like I said even TX needs the community to make their software more functional.

Reactions: SaffronXL

The14thfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
By screenshot you mean the one that points out every single fuck up that SX OS had? Fuck ups that could have been prevented had they taken their time and did some debugging/more research/more testing?

It's A option. It's not the BEST option, it's not the WORST option, it's A option. If anything, it might be the simplest to implement

I agree with your second comment.

The14thfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I see, so you're one of those people who can't stand that the things they like/enjoy get criticized, even when the criticism is valid, gotcha

Didn't read my "little rant" did you now.

Go, read it, and stop bickering. I told you already, i'm not arguing with you.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This will get shutdown like with my other thread. Mainly because people just came here to argue (including me).

It already got shutdown so that flamebait comments could be removed. Now if people could remain CIVIL and not attack each other, maybe this thread wont get closed down. For once. But i doubt it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel