Why Does Everyone Hate On SX OS?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by XXLANCEXX, Sep 24, 2018.

1. XXLANCEXX
    OP

XXLANCEXX GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 13, 2009
    United States
    In my house
    Ive been out of the scene for a while even though I own SX OS
    but Im wondering why do people hate it?

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Can of worms = opened

3. Vieela

Vieela GBATemp's official thinker™

Jan 18, 2017
    Brazil
    I don't know if it's true or not, but the main reason why people get mad at SX is because they stole a lot of content in the past and they pretty much pick very simplistic features and name them as big things (like the Stealth Mode which is basically a DNS Blocker of some sorts) or even features that apparently don't work (their EmuNand, though i never tested it, people said it can easily get you banned anyways) but i never searched into it a lot, that's what i hear people saying mainly here.

The9thBit likes this.
  4. DanPavanez

DanPavanez Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2011
    Basically they messed up many things, bringing in many cases more brick/ban probability. Other hate has been brought because they basically copied a lot of community work into their software without giving proper credit.
    A quick recap has been posted on Discord, i'm going to share a screenshot down here:

upload_2018-9-24_20-55-41.

Last edited by DanPavanez, Sep 24, 2018
  5. Itzumi

Itzumi Needs More Aesthetics

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    *cough* brick code *cough*
    Also "emunand" that's not actually emunand

-----a, ry755 and Chocola like this.
  6. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    I bought cause I was impatience. It could have went better. If I could clock time back and would not buy it, just waited a bit more, but I don't think I would go in haters club. Stealing code is bad, but stealing for piracy is gray moral zone already.
    Like how can I hate a person for stealing code, if I'm gonna steal games myself, which are also code?

Last edited by Reploid, Sep 24, 2018
  7. Itzumi

Itzumi Needs More Aesthetics

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    So they've screwed up pretty much everything

8. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    they are literally selling the ability to steal money from publishers

9. Muskusrat

Muskusrat GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2003
    Netherlands
    I bought it at release and love it. It does exactly what it must do for me, and that is to play games be it nsp or xci

GotKrypto67 and uludag like this.
  10. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    That is one reason. Basically the only original feature SX OS has is the .XCI loader. Everything else such as their .NSP installer, LayeredFS, Stealth Mode, all of that they stole mostly from Atmosphere. Another reason is that they don't learn form their mistakes. EVERY single update they launched botched something up.Sure they fixed it but it was a case of running debug/more testing before releasing. Lastly it's because they lie in the face of their customers. When Stealth Mdoe came out they called it "Revolutionary" yet it wasn't. Now "Emunand" same thing, it's not emunand at all and it's not revolutionary. Also because they charge for the OS itself
    Also, OP, you kind of opened a can of worms here, just letting you know

Last edited by Ashura66, Sep 24, 2018
  11. CrisFTW

CrisFTW Your Excellency

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Basically the only CFW that was released and stealing codes. Still waiting on atmosphere-nx to be released but its been delayed. At least they can still get the bugs away before releasing it to the public.

12. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS Member

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    lol people on here complaining about theft........Hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!

ThunderClash, jpx86, Traxta and 4 others like this.
  13. PokeCore

PokeCore Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2013
    United States
    I'm an SXOS user and I like it. But I can see why people would dislike it. The brick code they added, and then eventually removed. The "borrowed" code. And the fact that it's paying essentially for piracy. Despite the hate it has, I don't mind it. I got it at a time where the other methods of playing free games were more in depth, and I just wanted an easy solution.

Traxta likes this.
  14. Maluma

Maluma GBAtemp Fan

Sep 26, 2016
    United States
    For me personally I got frustrated with a particular companies crap customer service. I have been thinking of purchasing ever since.

15. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    They took a lot of free code and sold it for profit.

I know it's the world of piracy, but they're less ethical than most

Ephraim_Bane likes this.
  16. tpax
    This message by tpax has been removed from public view by linuxares, Sep 24, 2018, Reason: flamebait.
    Sep 24, 2018
  17. lordpsycho

lordpsycho Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2014
    Peru
    Basically what everyone has said:
    -Taking some code that's free and open source....and selling it
    -Putting brick code....and then calling it "a little challenge to all developers out there"
    -Big new feature EmuNAND.....which is actually not well implemented
    -Claiming "you will be risk free with out Stealth mode and EmuNand" when that's not true

It's like taking something from a science fair and sell it on "As Seen on TV"

Ephraim_Bane and XXLANCEXX like this.
  18. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    they charge for things that are free

Ephraim_Bane likes this.
  19. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Right because ReiNX and RajNX aren't a thing. Get your head out of your ass for once. Oh and the venom thing? Same goes for you lot

Last edited by linuxares, Sep 24, 2018
    Ephraim_Bane and Ivellios like this.
  20. Meepers55
    This message by Meepers55 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Sep 24, 2018, Reason: Same as you do?.
    Sep 24, 2018
  21. Bimmel
    This message by Bimmel has been removed from public view by linuxares, Sep 24, 2018, Reason: What?.
    Sep 24, 2018
  22. tpax

tpax GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Microsoft is charging for Windows and Office.
    Linux is free and Open Source. LibreOffice is free and Open Source.
    Why the fuck the whole world uses the paid solution instead of the free one? Right, because the paid one is a better overall package.

-snip-

23. Ivellios

Ivellios GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2009
    Brazil
    -snip-

SX Pro and OS have plenty of competition, there are other dongles avaiable in the market now, and good CFWs (ReiNX and RajNX) which not only do everything SX does, they are also free.

And without TX the only thing we would not have is the ability to run XCI backups files, but that is hardly relevant when NSP files are just as good.