Why do you think Nintendo doesn't have achievements unless in game?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Xbox has it, Playstation has it, Steam has it.... Why not Nintendo? Now is not fair to say that nintendo never had a achievements since it seem to be game specific. Super Smash bros games, New Super Mario Bros U, Xenoblade chronicles and few others starting with the wii, also include digital only games like mega man 9 and 10, Retro city rampage. The game themself host a achievement system that is not handled by the online services like Playstation network trophies, Xbox points or Steam badges. So I'm curious why you think Nintendo hasn't done it yet?:unsure:

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Because achievements are just pointless ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

infinete, Armadillo and Catsinabucket like this.
  3. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    it might be something that will come latter maybe with the paid online stuff
    it might even connection to, My Nintendo, like the mobile games do as a way to get extra points

and
    Sony did add trophies some time after the ps3 came out

4. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    BORTZ likes this.
  5. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    As cool as I thought it would be to have a homebrew for the DS and Wii that had userbuilt achievements, Nintendo ultimately does not care. It does not effect gameplay enough for them to need them.