Gaming why do you pirate

why do you pirate

• because im broke (but aint we all with the horrible ecconomy)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • because i don't plan on impotin no games

• because i wanna try before i buy

• because i want all the games iown on 1 cart

• Total voters

miigo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i pirate a little but only because i can not be bothering to move my lazy arse out of this chair and simply walk down the street to buy something that costs a lot of money. that is why.

SaddQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are 3 categories of DS games for me:

1) Games that I will buy period, flash card or no flash card. In this category are games like Dragon Quest IX and VI (in English please!), Mario & Luigi, Zelda and Golden Sun. I bought Last Window last week, basically because of its no-US release
tongue.gif

2) Games that I think are good, but don't warrant a €40 price tag. This includes most RPGs and a game series like Professor Layton. BTW, I imported Curious Village in my pre-FC days.

3) Games that I would never ever buy for real, like all shovelware games and puzzle games. Even though I love games like Picross, for some reason I can't fork out the money for those games.
unsure.gif

I pirate games to be able to play every one of them. Though in practice, of all the games I've bought/downloaded through the years for all my consoles, I've only REALLY played a small fraction, think 10% or less. I guess I'm a collector at heart...

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'll be honest, I don't buy DS games because, well imo anyways, all of them are crappy EXCEPT for FF series, Mario games (some), Zelda series and Pokemon series, these are the only 4 I purchase games of, I have the money to buy but I don't really care about DS games, they are just worthless (80% of them that is), not worth the money. The only DS games I actually own are the following:-
- Pokemon Diamond
- Pokemon HeartGold (the Pokewalker tempted me even more)
- Final Fantasy 3 & 4
- New Super Mario Bros
- Super Mario 64
- Mario Kart (this is a must buy for any DS owner)
- Legend Of Zelda Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks
The following games I got as surprise gifts so they don't count as to me buying them:-
- Ultimate Spiderman
- Pokemon Dash
- NintenDogs Chihuahua & Friends
- Advance Wars Dual Strike (ok this game was exciting)
- Metroid Prime Hunters
- Animal Crossing

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to buy my own games. But with tough economy and price increase I'm pirating now. I do buy few games that are really good (like Zelda), just to reward game developers.

NNoah95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only pirate games from companies that don't need my money; Nintendo, EA, etc. I never pirate games made by independent developers.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Mesiskope said:
Given the choice I'm sure any person would want something for free.
Not really, I do however agree that people would go for something free rather than paying for the same thing. But some people (like myself), respect the hard-work developers have put into creating an Amazing game (I'm pointing at Mario, FF, Zelda & Pokemon), so just to show how much I appreciate their work (they even put their marriages at stake people!!), I purchase those DS games.

Ofcourse, other third-party developers deserve money for the effort they put it, but their games just don't have that final touch. The touch that gets a gamer excited, it's a gamers thing, so everyone knows what I mean. If they don't then..well....forget it...

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I firmly believe that the retail cost to consumers of any and all software includes the "$variable$" of potential pirating, I don't personally condone the abuse of the redistribution of intellectual property without the proper consent of the intellectual proprietor.

However.... with that said; ... I also believe that having personally spent $59.99+CA Sales Tax for David Crane's "Pitfall" for the Atari 2600 way back in 1983 has yielded me enough "nerd credits" to try out games that technology has made available to me so long as I don't keep them.

FYI... gas was $0.81/gallon in 1983.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i pirate because i don't have money but i still buy games that deserve it.
got screwed by 2k though with bioshock 2. it's super cheap now.. and the pc dlc still isn't out fuckers:@

begedinnikola

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I pirate, because it's the norm where I live. The games are overpriced due to low import, caused by the mentality and the piracy here, my income is low and you are considered stuck up and stupid if you buy full games. I try and support the devs I like when I can afford to do so, but for the most part, I can't and I don't. I don't think I'm evil because of it, I highly doubt I will ever get into trouble for it where I live, but mostly, I do it because it's way cheaper and more convenient.

Things are starting to change, games are getting cheaper and people, including me are starting to buy more of them, but it's still pretty much the norm to just pirate. Once I finish my education, get a decent job and start making decent money, I will probably buy more games, but in all likelihood, I, as most, will still be pirating allot of them.

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't pirate. Pirating is, simply put, stealing. You are stealing the result of months of work by designers, composers, etc. who probably had a hell of a time getting where they are in the industry.

There is no excuse whatsoever for pirating a video game, ever. Buy the actual game, import it if you must. Don't have a job? Too bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...