Gaming why do you pirate

why do you pirate

• because im broke (but aint we all with the horrible ecconomy)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • because i don't plan on impotin no games

• because i wanna try before i buy

• because i want all the games iown on 1 cart

• Total voters

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
Most of the games I bought were sold about a year later but I wanted those games again but wasn't going to waste money on buying them all again so I got a flashcard instead

Though sometimes I do buy some games like Soul silver,Megaman etc.

B4N5H33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GameSoul said:
I buy games I really like, but all the money I save from pirating goes towards new systems and accessories.

thats a good attitude as i do it the same way ^^
i buy every game i really like to support the game developers. i've got nearly 200 games (originally sealed) in my collection. people call me crazy, but i think its a good way to get the developers their money even though i played their pirated game before.

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I pirate because i like to try new games out.. If i were to buy a game i would only get a game i know would be good. Since i can pirate games free, it's win win cause I'm not losing money if they're crap.

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only get games I own, I would rip them myself like I did for a while, just takes to long, and I got really fast internet connection, why waste it, plus, I like having everything on one cart,

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do but I don't the games i download are really more for a trial purpose than they are for actual keeping. (i don't use some mass storage device to have them when i need them) If i like the game i buy the real copy and then finish it. There have been far too many purchases of my own that have just seem wasted to me. Take the Nintendo Wii for example half of the games i downloaded to try weren't worth me finishing let alone buying. For the other two consoles I try out the demo's of the games. I wish every console (and handheld) had this feature I wouldn't feel the need to try out the game by downloading a full copy. Should piracy be attributed to abandonwares as well because I do have a lot of those?

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was younger, I used to sell my lunch every day to buy a game I really wanted. But because of that experience, I understood the value of a dollar early.

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i pirate because i cant afford games and i cant find a job even after looking since may, its really my only option if i want to game

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Becuase sweden got sky high taxes on games = game hell expensive compared to other countries.

Wan't to go and buy Pokemon HGSS? then you have to pay 69,11$ USD

Also i have heard alot about people who think the 250$ price on th 3DS is way to expensive here in sweden a DSI XL cost 248,79$ USD

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Purely 'Try before you buy' for me but some games only got foreign, (US/JAP) releases so those I play without paying. (Tales of Innocence English translation for example).

I also like to collect. I buy a game than dump the ROM myself and play the backup so I can keep the original boxed and in good condition. I still a lot of have PS1 games that have been used once, to rip them, (FFVII and FFVIII, both with case and instructions, worth a bit already).

I think I'm legally entitled to do that though, aren't I? What exactly is the law on playing backups of stuff you own?

EDIT: Grrr, typos.

stalker017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fellow said:
DeMoN said:
It's not that I'm broke per se, it's just that I'd rather not pay for things I can have for free. That's my reason.

This, word for word.

Same here and to add that, I can easily get away with it.
laugh.gif

Kanenden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try before I buy.
And also because we can play to the same games at the same time with my GF, without the pain of having the game bought twice.
Aaaaaand also because some games never make it to Europe (or not in around... let's say a thousand years).

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
It's just alot of things aren't worth the money
also I don't have as much time as I used to, going to the shops takes quite a lot of time for me.
and delivery times annoy the crap out of me.

Siveria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do it because 98% of games released are so short, or so bad they aren't worth a purchaise., I figure less people buying crappy games the less they'll make them and insted make something actually worth playing. That and the fact I am broke XD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-