?
  1. because im broke (but aint we all with the horrible ecconomy)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. because i don't plan on impotin no games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. because i wanna try before i buy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. because i want all the games iown on 1 cart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 0 voter(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MrCooper

MrCooper GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I pirate so I don't have to spend money. I'm to young to have a job

2. Ireland 1

Ireland 1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I like trying out games before i purchase them. I also love the idea of having all your games on the one card, and not having to keep cahnging your cart ever time you want to play a different game.

3. magicksun

magicksun GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    Im a pirate becouse in my country the dollar is very high , and is very expencive buy original games =(

4. Anne Noise

Anne Noise GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I hate the idea of paying for anything if I'm not sure I'll like it: movies, music, games; why do I have to risk my money if I may hate it? That just gives me less money to support the artists and products I do like.

Also, I'm broke, honestly, which conveniently supports my ethics. If I had money, I'd spend it, haha.

I also voted for "having it all at once," because my DS plays my SNES/NES/Genesis/DS library, which has my saves backed up and on my DS, thanks to the community. I love backups.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Because I am a cheap bastard.

6. Inunah

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.
    Banned

United States
    I pirate my games because I cannot afford them. I have no job, therefore I cannot get the money needed to buy every single game... But with the economy as it is, my parents can't afford to get me any games either.

I am VERY picky, as well. If I buy a game I don't like, then it's my fault and I've wasted money. But if I DOWNLOAD it first and try it out for free, I know for sure about how I'll like it.

Like.... Take that InuYasha DS game. I thought I'd love it. Turns out I hated it. I'm glad I didn't buy it.

I'm also a cheap bastard who wouldn't buy a game even if it were only 20 cents and one of the best games evar.

7. begedinnikola

begedinnikola Member
    Newcomer

Croatia
    No, pirating is pirating, stealing is stealing. If piracy was stealing, it would be called stealing. As i said already, yes, I pirate. I can tell you right now, with 100% certainty, that if piracy was impossible, i still wouldn't buy games i pirated. Why? Because i don't have the money, and even if i had, i wouldn't consider them worthy of my money. The games that i can buy and believe deserve it, i DO buy.

There is no "simply put" here. Maybe in the US, it would be like that, but not where i live. Especially not when a cop would sooner ask you to burn him something then fine you for pirating anything.

No, I'm not saying piracy is always justifiable. I don't say it's ok or cool, or anything of the sort. Most of the time, however, it's way more complex than just saying "it's stealing".

8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Cubi™ Attention! T~T

Antarctica
    In all honesty I pirated because I am poor as freaking dirt and because the DS games I like are so hard to find. So no money and no way to get the games I wanted, I broken down and bought a flashcard for my DS. Nowadays my boy friend pretty much owns/buys the games I want.

9. Xale

Xale GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Exactly, too bad, cause pirating will continue on no matter what

10. HeatMan Advance

HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I pirate because I can. I have no excuse for it. I'm only doing it because I'm getting away with it.

I'm not going to try and rationalize it with semantics and child logic that comes from people who never studied business or ran one themselves. I'm stealing and not a coward about it.

11. Supreme Dirt

Supreme Dirt GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Undoubtedly. But I like to think I have ethics.

Though I just realized, I technically am pirating games for older systems, as I try out hacks of games. So I suppose I am a hypocrite.

12. Artrigis

Artrigis Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This. Bought my DS unknowing about pirating, bought two games for it. Realized I could pirate and decided why pay for a game I can get for free. If I had to legitimately buy games, I would probably own under 5 games.

13. Frip

Frip Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You can't apply a language patch to a retail cartridge, can you? 'nuff said [​IMG]

14. johncenafan427

johncenafan427 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    no money for games.
    i hardly play the pirated games anyway.
    i only pirate games for my ds and wii,
    but mostly i play my ps2.

15. 8BitWalugi

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    I pirate because I'm an inpatient asshole that doesn't want to wait for his order to be shipped or for a game to be released. Admittedly, I will buy a game that's been part of an excellent series that I've grown fond of (POKEMON! [​IMG])

I don't pirate on my consoles though, only when they stop being updated (Become outdated) or if there is a safe way to pirate on them (PS3+PS3Break, for example)

16. Sterling

Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    1) Because I can.
    2) Because I have money that needs to go elsewhere
    3) Because I can.
    4) Because I like extended trial periods.
    5) Because I can.
    6) Because Nintendo Hasn't fixed it.

As you can see I pirate because I have other things I need to buy. I also Pirate because I want to test a game, or because I can. If Nintendo does a better job on the 3DS, I will be a legit consumer. I have bought over 25 games in my 3 DS iteration's lifetimes and 15 of them had good reviews and were crap. 15 out of 25- 30 games is just too much. Then I learned about Piracy, and played free games, and buying where the publishers actually deserved cash (and when my Gamestop had it).

17. Anne Noise

Anne Noise GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, it's a black and white thing, then? Piracy is evil, no matter the reason, and if you pirate, it's clearly because you're too poor?

18. iggloovortex

iggloovortex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    because i dont have the money not to

19. cruznik71450

cruznik71450 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I pirate because I'm broke. The only way for me to earn money is watch my nephew and that doesn't give me much money to buy games. Finding a full time job is almost impossible where I live. I do buy games when I can but for right now when I go to buy a game I have to get used or on sale and not much of that goes to the developers. It's also more convenient to have them all on 1 card apposed to having separate.

20. gifi4

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Piracy is a no-no but many people do it for different reasons, it varies from pirate to pirate, example: I pirate cause I'm only 14 and have no money, some people pirate because of all the really shitty games in the world and don't want to waste money on a game they're going to play once or twice. Others pirate to test and then go buy, I can list a lot more reasons but I'm lazy =D.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - pirate,