Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont like the taste either either
and since its taboo here for men to drink any of those mixed malt based drinks, which dont taste like crap

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont like the taste either either
and since its taboo here for men to drink any of those mixed malt based drinks, which dont taste like crap

Guys drink these, they taste pretty good.Very little carbonation, almost like a mixed drink. I recommend melon, taste like a watermelon jolly rancher.

tumblr_lga6r1CmAJ1qc0j6lo1_500.jpg

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Don't drink but have worked in my father-in-law's beverage distributor.

Then one day, I had left this pitcher of apple juice in the fridge for a really long time and I pulled it out and suddenly realized, "Hey, this decaying juice smells a lot like the beer warehouse at work" so that kinda solidified my position for me. Just didn't seem like a really good sign.

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't like the taste of beer either, based on the sip or two I've taken. But I don't drink anything anyways, as I have literally 0 tolerance to alcohol. A sip of cider and I start slushing my words, and half a shot of Jägermeister and I'm on the floor for the next 5 hours or so <-< And no I'm not kidding here, I even get tipsy just by having a bottle of vodka open next to me while my friends are making themselves a drink.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Most lagers , i dont mind , can only drink 3 or 4 though before im bloated , just switch to Vodka then . I must say though ive not met anyone (and i live in part of the world where drinking is pretty much everyones pasttime) who liked the taste of beers on their first experience , but now im in my forty third year , a cold beer after a hard day is heavenly.

Reactions: Qtis

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you legally ask such questions when you come from the land of Oktoberfest? On a related note, has that started yet this year? I need to go find me some Hofbrau.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like the taste of beer either, based on the sip or two I've taken. But I don't drink anything anyways, as I have literally 0 tolerance to alcohol. A sip of cider and I start slushing my words, and half a shot of Jägermeister and I'm on the floor for the next 5 hours or so <-< And no I'm not kidding here, I even get tipsy just by having a bottle of vodka open next to me while my friends are making themselves a drink.
Jaeger does that to alot of ppl, dont drink that shit. Tho it has a great licorice taste, for that there is Ouzo(tho one shot of jager isnt bad, but I wouldnt drink anything else with it or youll prob be sick).

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only like beer if its like just above freezing (it can have tiny ice crystals in it and that's even better.)

And I drink it slowly so about half way in the beer is only cold and no longer tastes good to me. I don't drink beer because I hate to waste things and drinking only half a bottle and throwing the rest out is just wasteful.

Now a mixed drink? very tasty.... lol

http://www.drinksmixer.com/

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Jaeger does that to alot of ppl, dont drink that shit. Tho it has a great licorice taste, for that there is Ouzo(tho one shot of jager isnt bad, but I wouldnt drink anything else with it or youll prob be sick).
I wasn't feeling sick or anything, just had my head spinning way too much to be able to stand <-< ...people were surprised I was on the floor yet wasn't throwing up or having a headache or anything.

And drinking "good stuff" won't change the fact I get drunk from pretty much a drop of alcohol <-<

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only like beer if its like just above freezing (it can have tiny ice crystals in it and that's even better.)

Reminds me of the time the pond down the street froze over during the winter, so we grabbed a few Yuenglings, stuck 'em in the snow, and played some pond hockey. When we went to grab our beers, they were beer slurpees.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like beer because I like the taste, it's refreshing, I can sit down with a few friends and we can enjoy it together*, and there are hundreds of varieties.

* Me and my friends (at least that this is in reference to) pretty much only drink craft beers**, and failing that, usually a Sam Adam's. Craft beers tend to have a much higher quality, better taste, and higher alcohol content than their mass produced brethren, but that all comes with a higher price tag. I'm partial to Pale Ales, IPAs, and Stouts. I especially love coffee stouts, a stout that is brewed with coffee. The best two beers I've ever had were both by Stone Brewing Company - Imperial Russian Stout and Espresso Imperial Russian Stout. Both seasonal beers (late spring/early summer), and the espresso one was a this-year-only variation. The espresso one has the highest alcohol content I've ever had in a beer - 13% ABV - and it was fucking delicious. I've got one more bottle of each that I'm saving for a little while, because they're expensive and hard to find now. They were both $9 a piece for a 22 oz (roughly 650mL) bottle.

** I only drink craft beers when I have the option to. If I'm at home or at a friend's house, I'll bring a 6 or 12 pack of a nice craft beer that we haven't tried, but if I'm out at a restaurant or something and my options are a little more mainstream, then I'll go with something of that. Yeungling, Coors Lite, and Blue Moon are all fairly okay in my book for what they are. As I said earlier, we tend to enjoy Sam Adam's Boston Lager a bit as well. I tried a bit of Corona once, and it wasn't bad, but I'd probably take something else over that. But if a beer (or any drink for that matter, flavored malts included), I'll happily and appreciatively accept it, regardless of what it is. I'm not picky but I'm very partial.

Some of my friends would go so far as to call me a beer hipster. I kinda agree.

Reactions: Qtis and nukeboy95

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is what is referred to in the trade as "all in your head" or if we are tossing out insults then "frat boy drunk". Low tolerance is certainly a thing, and in some cases, like evenings out on the town, a somewhat enviable trait, but alcohol takes a tiny bit of time to work.

People liking beer is a psychological thing. They think they need to poison their body with alcohol to feel good whereas in reality all liquit your body needs is water.
There are no poisons, only poisonous doses. Similarly booze has demonstrable good effects for a lot of things. Abstain if you like, it will probably not do you any real ill, but do try to tell people it is the only way and science says so.

As for beer I agree most of it tastes foul and I have never really been able to pin down one I like (give or take Guinness at certain points in time) or if I have then I have never been able to source it again. Cider or spirits are then the way forward if I bother to drink and I guess some people like wine as well.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dislike beer, but I dislike alcohol in general.
I find the taste of any alcoholic drink tastes much better without alcohol in it to ruin the taste.

Beer is super common, cheap and easy to get. I suppose that's why its the most common to hear people praise.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the people here (or anywhere, really) who talk about beer being an acquired taste. "Beer tastes like crap at first but you get used to it." Or, you could, y'know, not drink stuff that tastes like crap?

I've only ever had one kind of beer (first when I was a little kid, because my dad was smart like that) and then later at 16 when my friend spiked my drink because he thought I needed to "loosen up." The only other alcohol I've had was a drop of vodka another friend smuggled into school, and it tasted terrible. I have no desire to drink something that tastes bad, just in the hopes of it tasting better later. While I'm sure there's a bunch of types of alcoholic beverages that I'd enjoy, I'd rather not start. It's too expensive of a habit. Dr Pepper's the way to go~

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Im going to say it! I love beer!! Well I didnt like the taste when I was little but I got used to the taste once 16 years old or so.
Yeah there was lots of parties and stuff back then, Offcource I could have just gone drinking cider but my dad seriously told me "You will never get furry down there if you dont drink beer" and I wanted to be a manly man! ^^ Today I really dont choose to drink beer either to get drunk or hairy. I really just enjoy the flavor. I mostly drink darker Ales like "Green Goblin" or such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1