1. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Canada
    That's exactly what I said. But most people just drink to get drunk.
    Well most people like to get drunk. I enjoy the taste of quality beer, but the carbs are a big no for me.

2. 431unknown

431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    I like a good beer with a good meal. I don't drink beer to get drunk any more as it takes over half a case to get me there now. I now prefer drinking liquor to get drunk and buy top shelf stuff only if I know I'm going to be having guests.

3. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Brazil
    I don't like the taste, it makes me burp, and makes the sweat smells like... beer ...what's something obvious, but crappy to me.

4. Youkai

OP Youkai Demon

Germany
    True ... completely forgot about this ...
    interesting thing is that you can get beer for less than water oO

Here you pay about 0.56€ for 1L Beer but you pay up to 1€ for 1L Water (well depending on the brand but still ...)

5. ComeTurismO

Canada
    Well, religiously it is forbidden to drink beer/alcohol, but I sure do love root beer! :grog:

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Depends where I am in the world actually. Indeed it seems it is mostly the English speaking world that routinely drinks to drunkenness. Goes some way to explain the vastly differing attitudes to booze as well, oh how I find it amusing when stateside to hear of the horrors of teens drinking on the news.

7. AaronUzumaki

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

United States
    I've never tasted it (other than when I mistakenly thought my dad's beer was a Pepsi when I was three, where I proceeded to projectile vomit it all over the wall), but I do work at a gas station and I've smelt almost every brand of beer, wine, and liquor in general that we sell. It all smells grotesque, so I will likely never try it. Also, the customers who purchase beer tend to end-up being my least favorite (with a few exceptions), so it just doesn't seem appealing at all to bother stomaching such products just to (most likely) become a jerk-hole who is out of his mind. Sorry, [/rant]

8. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    Beer tastes great.
    I hate coffee, but I don`t judge every coffee drinker as addicted to caffeine. Many people like the taste.

9. enarky

enarky owls?

Afghanistan
    Youkai, is this the account of your older brother or something? Because I'm a bit puzzled why you're asking this if you're as old as your registration date implies. People have different tastes, period. And have you never been out with friends for a couple of beers? Do that some time, you'll be amazed.

10. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Germany is a beer fan paradise! :grog: But it's allright in Canada too (although more expensive). I never drink to get drunk. I just like the taste, and it's great after coming back from work.

11. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I wonder if Jesus knew that when he turned water into wine..
    I dont know if Islam forbids it or whatever and frankly, I dont dont give a damn...

12. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

United Kingdom
    I like beer because with each pint you drink, the fatties start to look thinner and cuter

DaniPoo likes this.
  13. Par39

Par39 The Life Hacker

Finland
    It does take some time to work, but when it starts to kick in, I get really drunk from a small amount <-< Start to get a buzz... maybe half an hour after drinking, then end up on the floor before a full hour has passed. How do I know a sip of cider takes me to that point? I've taken a sip from a friend's drink to taste it, then not like it enough to get a drink for myself. So yeah, I have an incredibly low tolerance.

Hells Malice likes this.
  14. Lanlan

Lanlan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I used to hate beer, whenever beer was the only alcohol available at parties, I would just shotgun them (basically a faster form of chugging) and I got used to them after doing that for a while. I prefer smoother beers like Coors Light or Keystone. Now I like beer because it's carbonated (I rarely drink pop so the carbonation sensation is nice) and it's an easy way to get drunk. And it's pretty cheap. One thing I dislike is that the buzz wears off relatively quickly.

15. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Trouble is you can only chew your arm off twice.

Veho likes this.
  16. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
  17. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi™ Genderfluid Gang!

Antarctica
    I actually don't like beer. I prefer sweeter drinks.

18. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I believe that everything can become a poison if you get too much of it. And of cource it will work the other way around two.
    Beer and other alcoholic brews may not hurt you that much if you drink with care. Not too much of antything..
    Im very positive Coca Cola could be considered a poison if you drink too much of it.
    Som my final line is going to be "Do what you want, but try to think about your health while doing it"

19. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    Never been huge on beers besides guiness and newcastle brown, really enjoy cider like strong bow and magners, tend to enjoy vodka too

20. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

United States
    That's not really your belief, it's a fact. There's such a thing as water poisoning. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_poisoning Moral of the story? Screw water, drink Dr Pepper.

Draft saved Draft deleted