Homebrew why do the ii ware games reroute me to the wii menu?

Adurna Nagra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silverstar Chess and pokemon scramble, whenever i try starting them the screen turns black for a second, like it's starting, then it takes me back to the wii menu.. what do i do?

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Confirm that the channel you've installed is the same region as your console.

If not, you will want to acquire a same-region version or "regionfree" the .wad to make sure that it will work properly.
Preloader also gives you the ability to run Channels Region-Free, you could try that as well, if you already have it installed.

edselink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The most common reason for this to happen is when you download the game in wad format (illegally) and you don't have the IOS that the game requires, you'll have to search what IOS those games use and download them too.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar issue. I recommend upgrading to 4.0 for any issues with WAD's, especially one's you "find" if you get my drift. The majority of one's downloadable through VC Ware packages are either regionfree or NTSC/Converted PAL.

If your "finding" your Wii Wares, then i can recommend some locations so PM. And still you'll want REV13b and 4.0 System.

Wynd

Adurna Nagra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well idk about downloading new IOS s cuz like idk know really how to bcuz i like kinda of scared cuz idk what will brick or break my wii. so do i just use the homebrew channel to down load it or something?

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
All of these issues have to do with the lack of certain IOS on the console. Simply update to 4.0 using one of the many guides on the site and you should be able to play all of the titles you want.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Or patch install the IOS's as I have done, I find that works best
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat