why do the ii ware games reroute me to the wii menu?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Adurna Nagra, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Adurna Nagra
    OP

Newcomer Adurna Nagra Newbie

United States
    Silverstar Chess and pokemon scramble, whenever i try starting them the screen turns black for a second, like it's starting, then it takes me back to the wii menu.. what do i do?

2. Eddie_Brock

Member Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Confirm that the channel you've installed is the same region as your console.

If not, you will want to acquire a same-region version or "regionfree" the .wad to make sure that it will work properly.
    Preloader also gives you the ability to run Channels Region-Free, you could try that as well, if you already have it installed.

3. edselink

Newcomer edselink Newbie

Mexico
    The most common reason for this to happen is when you download the game in wad format (illegally) and you don't have the IOS that the game requires, you'll have to search what IOS those games use and download them too.

4. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I had a similar issue. I recommend upgrading to 4.0 for any issues with WAD's, especially one's you "find" if you get my drift. The majority of one's downloadable through VC Ware packages are either regionfree or NTSC/Converted PAL.

If your "finding" your Wii Wares, then i can recommend some locations so PM. And still you'll want REV13b and 4.0 System.

Wynd

5. Adurna Nagra
    OP

Newcomer Adurna Nagra Newbie

United States
    well idk about downloading new IOS s cuz like idk know really how to bcuz i like kinda of scared cuz idk what will brick or break my wii. so do i just use the homebrew channel to down load it or something?

6. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    All of these issues have to do with the lack of certain IOS on the console. Simply update to 4.0 using one of the many guides on the site and you should be able to play all of the titles you want.

7. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Or patch install the IOS's as I have done, I find that works best [​IMG]