Gaming Why do people spam at street fighter?

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a difference between mindless spamming and smart spamming.. well. I don't consider smart spamming as spamming at all since they know what to do. If you were Ryu against a Zangief.. its obvious you want to do as much damage from far distance as possible.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
There's a difference between mindless spamming and smart spamming.. well. I don't consider smart spamming as spamming at all since they know what to do. If you were Ryu against a Zangief.. its obvious you want to do as much damage from far distance as possible.
Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken
EX Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken
EX Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken
EX Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken

You Win!

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Spammers gonna spam. Nothin' can be done to stop 'em. Doesn't matter what game you play, there's always gonna be some noob who spams and thinks he's great. Street Fighter's Hadouken spammers, Gears Of War shotgun spammers, Perfect Dark Zero tumblers, etc.

All you can do is get lucky with your match making and play against a truly skilled opponents. Regretably most of the people I fight in Street Fighter tend to be dumb twelve year olds who only know the Hadouken command. I like using skill to evade everything they do and whuppin' they asses. The trick with spammers is that once you get the timing down you can evade anything they spam. After that they've got no skill so no new tricks, so it's easy to beat them.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
spinal_cord said:
I must be too old... At which point in history did the term 'spam' stop referring to unrequested marketing emails?
I think Joan of Arc was involved in the definition change. Hence the bbq.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
spinal_cord said:
I must be too old... At which point in history did the term 'spam' stop referring to unrequested marketing emails?

Around 2005, people referred to repetitive actions to achieve a certain goal "spamming".

I hate spammers as much as everyone else, believe it or not. I just find it fun to develop strategies to get past their spammy ways. In SSFII I used T-Hawk to dive bomb any Hadouken spamming Ryu or Ken. SF4 I haven't played around with too much, I'm sure the concept is the same.

What I propose for the noobs though, is to tweak the servers to detect spammers, and start matching spammers up with other fellow spammers. This could also be extended to pair up match-quitters with other match-quitters.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My biggest issue is lag. Every match I play I suffer from lag, so it must be something I'm doing wrong or something on my end. I deal with spammers sometimes, but I tend to get around their wacky antics.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
spinal_cord said:

Around 2005, people referred to repetitive actions to achieve a certain goal "spamming".

I hate spammers as much as everyone else, believe it or not. I just find it fun to develop strategies to get past their spammy ways. In SSFII I used T-Hawk to dive bomb any Hadouken spamming Ryu or Ken. SF4 I haven't played around with too much, I'm sure the concept is the same.

What I propose for the noobs though, is to tweak the servers to detect spammers, and start matching spammers up with other fellow spammers. This could also be extended to pair up match-quitters with other match-quitters.

Doubt your last idea would work. Capcom tried that with MvC3, still am getting rage-quit on

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Anakir said:
Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken
EX Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken
EX Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken
EX Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken
Hadouken

You Win!
Zangief:

SPD
SPD
Jump>SPD
Jump back>SPD
Jump>EX SPD
SPD
Atomic Buster

You Win!

Fact is, if you get beat by mindless spamming, then you suck. There is nothing "cheap" in fighting games unless the move in question is an unbeatable exploit and hadouken/shoryuken spamming is far from unbeatable.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Spam is easy win on noobs, i don't go into a match with the intention to spam but when you're up against someone who clearly now bought the game and have no experience with the series what-so-ever spam a fast, easy win. Also, they gotta learn to fend hadou-kens sometime....
rolleyes.gif

StolenPaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Give douchebags and little kids free charge and no input mash buttons and they will exploit it to its full stupidness. I suggest finding a nice friend or 2 to play with who aren't dickfaces or just learn to play Pro mode.

Edit: Due to Australian wireless being worlds worst (and dumbasses who think they will get full connection games when they are on 1 bar) nearly every game that isn't local will lag so that's just something we all need to get used to sadly ;_;

Snowy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro is not great also, sPamming guiles are deathly boring and easy.

But there are enough M.Bison spammers on prO mode.
frown.gif

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I can understand complaints about Lite mode especially concerning charge characters. Pro mode, you can't complain but just get better and avoid the spam projectiles and counter effectively.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN