zuron7

RBYG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Because I don't have enogh money to buy games worth 50$.
And try converting them to INR and seeing for yourself how expensive it becomes.
2500 bucks.
Who's going to pay that much.
DS games are more cheap but I don't even get those here.
Plus we have to pay export tax.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The average price for a Wii/PS3/360 game over here is 200BRL (around 100USD). Only really rich people can afford something like that over here.

When the price is fair, I buy it.. I buy most of my PC games nowadays thanks to Steam where they are sold with the US price. Which is still a little expensive to my country's reality, but affordable to me.

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
because it's fucking convenient. I have ~7 games on my DS, and I don't even need a carrying pack for it because everything in one single cart means a carrying pack would be superfluous.

also, what cockroachman said, though it's rather pointless because a job would solve that. if you're living off your mom/dad, they're obviously not gonna spend that much money buying games for you; they'd rather pay bills. any job that you can get with a college's degree should be enough to pay the bills and buy you a few games per month

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHY DO PEOPLE WRITE THEIR TITLES IN CAPS LOCK????

WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS ASK WHY PEOPLE PIRATE???

WHY DO PEOPLE CARE??

People who pirate because they're "anti-coporation" are just a bunch of douchenozzles. People pirate because the games are free (well, at most, maybe $1 for a DVD) and because they're cheap sons of bitches, plain and simple.

And yes, I'm a cheap son of a bitch.

watex5

dvd
Trophies
XP
Country
Because I live in Ireland, and its nice to get American games before they come out here
yaynds.gif

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Funny i am the exact opposite...
I Pirate because the economy where i live loves to double prices....
where other places games cost like 20 or 30 dollars ?
they double that count in euro's
20 x 2 : Euro = 60 dollars = 40 euro's
i don't like that
sleep.gif

in that opinion even importing might be cheaper

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
megawalk said:
Funny i am the exact opposite...
I Pirate because the economy where i live loves to double prices....
where other places games cost like 20 or 30 dollars ?
they double that count in euro's
20 x 2 : Euro = 60 dollars = 40 euro's
i don't like that
sleep.gif

in that opinion even importing might be cheaper

Nope, they just replace the $ with an €. American wii:249$, European wii:249€
American dsi 100 points card:10$, European dsi 1000 points card: €10

Chopders

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pirating because there is too many games out there to buy them all. But since I'm downling them, I never bought that much of games! I have 27 NDS games, the last time that I had that amount of games was during the NES era. Owned

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Raven Darkheart said:
The TC reminds me of this Dash Jr. clown over at gamefags.com and theres no reason to drag out this dead horse every quarter is there?

Ah yes, Dash_Jr. Whatever happened to him? He kinda just admitted defeat after my last great crusade against him over on Gamefaqs (also as Blaze163) and nobody's heard a peep from him since. There was one recently called LawlietL, again on the DS boards. But he got suspended twice over the same KH Days topic then vanished into the aether. There's one called SSJ Trunks 2 or something along those lines too. But he seems more childish than trolly, to be honest. He was going on at great length about how breaking street dates is illegal (not that anyone cares) and how pirating games is killing the industry. Yeah, 'cause Nintendo's bank account is really suffering.

BTW, the kids in my street choose to pirate for three reasons:

1) Thanks to the 'credit crunch' their parents have lost their jobs and thus they have no choice but to pirate to get any new games, such is the case with Callum.
2) They all got CycloDS Evo's because they copy anything I do for some reason.
3) They're only kids and they can still see the financial benefits of piracy. Pay £30-35 per game, or make a one-off payment of £45 to get a CDE with a 2GB memory card, thus having every DS game ever created. Simple logic, really.

EDIT: Another damn fine reason to turn to piracy, translations. If I want to play ASH, Soma Bringer, etc, piracy is my only option. The developers have no intentions of releasing these games in English, ever. The pirate community is willing to do so. There's no profit in it for them, they do it simpy because they can. The pirates provide a valuable service that that we would otherwise be denied. The makers of Soma Bringer should realise that there must be pretty high demand for their game if people are willing to translate it for free. Take that as a sign and release the damn thing in English officially, so those who want to play it but aren't prepared to turn to piracy will be able to. I'm pretty certain an English version of Soma Bringer would sell pretty damn well.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pirate because I'm poor. I can't afford games, thus I pirate. Besides, it saves money. And a lot of games aren't worth buying anyway.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Because all these companies are thieves.

shinkukage09 said:
I pirate because I'm poor. I can't afford games, thus I pirate. Besides, it saves money. And a lot of games aren't worth buying anyway.

thank u you it really shouldn't be that obvious to some people though.

ninchya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it saves money instead of buying expensive games that arent work it like imagine games waste of money and terrible game. And i mean out of the majority most people buy their games anyways while only people who are on this forum do it. It aint hurting the company since their rich anyways.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you start, its like an addiction. Theres no stopping it. I mean, if youve got a computer, and internet, its avaible. I could never buy a game at this point because I could never tell myself to spend 50 bucks rather than paying nothing. This is why I have not modded my 360, I don't pirate on it, don't feel the need to pirate and the games are more fun because of it. (However it also has to do with not knowing what i'm doing, having to buy dvd dual layers and the ban waves
shy.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo