WHY DO PEOPLE PIRATE??

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.. i know almost all of us here pirate, by why do we do so?
Do we think that the games are just too risky to buy?
Do we think that we are too poor to buy the games?
Are we just too lazy to goto the store?
New super mario bros. wii is coming out and thats all people want is for it to work.
SUCKS TO THEM (Lord of the flies saying)
Before the days of piracy most of you when a game came out either saved week after week after week.
All for one game that would last you several until the next game.
You would do your chore, sell your games, anything just to get that game.
Now with games having to worry about you and people stealing their games.
They have to worry about anti-piracy crap for a chance for them not to take that game.
We all know it always fails but dont you guys take a hint?
Im sure that ever since you became a pirate games just dont have the same pizazz as they used to
You play it for maybe a few hours and say "Ok well its a good game but i just dont want to play it"
The reason for this is because you didn't earn the right to play that game.
So every single one of you reading this just stop pirating and buy the game
You will enjoy it a lot more i promise

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gamerjr said:
Ok.. i know almost all of us here pirate, by why do we do so?
Do we think that the games are just too risky to buy?
Do we think that we are too poor to buy the games?
Are we just too lazy to goto the store?
New super mario bros. wii is coming out and thats all people want is for it to work.
SUCKS TO THEM (Lord of the flies saying)
Before the days of piracy most of you when a game came out either saved week after week after week.
All for one game that would last you several until the next game.
You would do your chore, sell your games, anything just to get that game.

Now with games having to worry about you and people stealing their games.
They have to worry about anti-piracy crap for a chance for them not to take that game.
We all know it always fails but dont you guys take a hint?
Im sure that ever since you became a pirate games just dont have the same pizazz as they used to
You play it for maybe a few hours and say "Ok well its a good game but i just dont want to play it"
The reason for this is because you didn't earn the right to play that game.
So every single one of you reading this just stop pirating and buy the game
You will enjoy it a lot more i promise
Yeah but now we dont need to wait and work for it. Unless you consider finger clicking work.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free better than pay. What more do you want me to say. Because I can, OK?

I mean, come on, click, click, free game, yay!. Do I really need to spell it all out?

smileipb2.png

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
da_head said:
i swear, anytime this topic is created should result in an autoban. HOW MANY FUCKIN TIMES HAS THIS SAME TOPIC BEEN DISCUSSED?!?!?!?
But no one knows how to use the search function...Maybe someone needs to make a useless topic on that, "WHY DO PEOPLE NOT SEARCH?"

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ENDscape said:
da_head said:
i swear, anytime this topic is created should result in an autoban. HOW MANY FUCKIN TIMES HAS THIS SAME TOPIC BEEN DISCUSSED?!?!?!?
But no one knows how to use the search function...Maybe someone needs to make a useless topic on that, "WHY DO PEOPLE NOT SEARCH?"
Ahem .... BECAUSE PEOPLE LAZY!
sleep.gif
dry.gif
rolleyes.gif
blink.gif

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, i'm starting to not pirate now a days.
Why? Because i realized the devs get the money they deserve.
and i realized stealing Copyright material is becoming a really wrong thing.
I said why i pirate was because everything is too expensive and i'm broke as hell.
But then i was saying to myself: "Pfft, Jeez, what the hell am i saying?". Why? because theres this thing called a JOB.

sleep.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do I pirate? Well lemme give you a run-down of my situation and you'll soon see why.

- Lost my job. Through no actual fault of mine, I might add.
- Boss screws me over so I can't get a reference, thus struggle getting a new job. Also screws me over with some paperwork meaning instead of getting £48 a week Job Seeker's Allowance to pay my many bills, I get £6.50 because the job centre still thinks I work at my old job. I'm supposed to live on £6.50 a week.
- I have £5,000 worth of tuition fees to pay off
- I have rent and other living costs I need to find.
- As I have been unable to pay my phone bill the damn thing no longer works, nor will it ever work again, thus making job hunting MUCH harder since nobody can call me to arrange an interview.
- If I don't pay the rent soon I'll be homeless.
- My Cyclo is the one thing that allows me to get something shiny every now and then, and with my Mega Drive emulator I can play Streets of Rage to relive the good old days. I'd go f*cking mental without my Evo. All this crap would've made me lose my mind by now.
- And if Band Hero doesn't make a pretty swift appearance, my Cyclo may no longer be able to keep me sane...

So yeah, that's why I pirate. Because I'm sick of always being the one that gets screwed over just for trying my best to survive. So I say fuck the law, I'm getting what I damn well want. I want shiny shit, I get that shiny shit. I'm not gonna let any more laws F up my day.

Hey, you asked. You want a story, there it is.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tho i will agree, pirating has taken the "pizzaz" out of playing games, but then again i get that feeling nowadays from modding a console for first time now, still remember the day when i ran twilight hack first time :}

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I started purchasing games and entertainment in general, but its only if I truly enjoy it.

I have over 20 PS2 games, 10+ PS3 games, 8 DS games, and used to even own 2 psp games. Heck, I even buy music CDs these days.

I used to pirate, because I had no job, but I still wanted to play the games. I did that with every piece of entertainment I got. Music, videos, games, everything. Now, fast forward 2 years. I found a job at mcdonalds after agonizing searches all over the town. Soon after, I got the remorse of being a pirate.

So from then, I decided to still pirate, but I would make sure to purchase that, if I truly feel that it's worth buying.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how it is where you guys live, but where I live, there is no taking a game back if it sucks. Exchange for the same game only, if you opened it. That alone has caused me to pirate every DS (and PC) game I can, because I got burned one too many times on crappy DS games before I learned about flashcarts.

I WILL NOT be burned buying a suck game.....although the last game I dumped for the scene sucked hard.
shy.gif
Go figure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.