Question Why do mentioning consoles get hyperlinked?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see now that every thread which mentions the name of a console contains a hyperlink that redirects you to the console discussion page. Was there a reason to add this feature in the first place, maybe to help new users know where to look?

Vine-gar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's changed! There's probably a limit to what shows up but I'm only seeing these three in this thread now:

Nintendont 3DS forum Switch forum

I'm going to test it with more to see how it looks. I assume it'll stop very quickly.

Wii U forum Wii forum GBA forum
PS1 forum PS2 forum PS3 forum PS4 forum PS5 forum
PS Vita forum PSP forum
Xbox forum Xbox 360 forum Xbox One forum Xbox Series forum Xbox Series S forum Xbox Series X forum
Bloody Mary Bloody Mary Bloody Mary -ack!

Reactions: SylverReZ

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if there is some sort of “attachment” or “association” with google searches. GBATemp will be linked to more often when googling. Anyhow, I’m suspicious of the person when I see hyperlinks like this. Seems real botty, to me. Gbatemp.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
The reason why mentioning consoles in text sometimes gets hyperlinked is likely due to the text editor or platform you are using. Some text editors or platforms have built-in functionality that automatically detects certain keywords, such as console names, and converts them into hyperlinks. These hyperlinks are usually intended to provide additional information or direct users to relevant websites or resources related to the mentioned console.
For example, if you mention "PlayStation 5," the text editor or platform may recognize it as a console name and automatically create a hyperlink to the official PlayStation website or another relevant source.
It's important to note that this behavior may vary depending on the specific platform or text editor you are using. Some platforms or editors may not have this automatic hyperlinking feature, while others may offer the option to enable or disable it.
Wrong, this is literally just a GBAtemp feature.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgy_QgVe4yA