Homebrew Why do I have 2 homebrew channels on my vWii and how do I get rid of them?

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just really weird, I have 2 homebrew channels on my vWii. The guide I followed on youtube had us install a theme for our vWii, and I chose black. By installing that theme, I believe it added another homebrew app, so now I have the original theme homebrew app on my vWii, and a black theme homebrew app.

Is there a way to get rid of one of them safely without a brick, or am I stuck with it? It's just so weird.

Thanks if you can help me out.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HBC has a lot of different channels and versions.

the first official release (1.1.2) had a Widescreen issue.
to fix it, people released forwarder channels to HBC. maybe you have a forwarder which looks like HBC, so don't remove random channels or you might remove the real one instead of the forwarder.
later, HBC has been released as open source, and a new TitleID has been created (v1.1.3), and this channel fixes the widescreen issue.

So, here, you have 3 options (old, forwarder, new):
launch each channel, and see if you have widescreen issue in one of them. press home and check the version.
having the issue, means it's the old official channels.
NOT having the issue is either : the forwarder or the new official channel.
if you have 1.1.3, this is the newer channel, you can delete the other.
if all your channels are 1.1.2, one of them is a forwarder to fix the widescreen bug. keep them both, put the one with widescreen bug on another page and use the forwarder to launch it.

another solution is to look at all the installed TitleID, and see which one you have and know which one you can delete.

another solution is to delete them all, and use an exploit to reinstall the old version, or a wad manager to reinstall the open source version from a WiiU WiiVC injected wad manager. (but it becomes a lot harder !)
for your own interest, don't delete anything, use the one you want.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
From vWii mode, with a wad manager, if you already have HBC installed. But I don't think this was your question.

From WiiU mode, replacing the need to softmod the vWii with a Wii game disc or Miimaker injects, by injecting Fix94's YAWMM-modmodmod (yeahh, this manager has lot of mods ahaha. no that's a joke).
https://github.com/FIX94/Some-YAWMM-Mod/releases

just inject his wad manager into a WiiU WiiVC channel, and install it on WiiU system.
launching that WiiU channel will boot into a virtual WiiVC mode (using IOS255), but with AHB access enabled ! from there, you can install any WADs directly to vWii, so just install the Open source HBC (TitleID "OHBC") wad file.
I made a guide once, I could search and link it here.
Edit : https://gbatemp.net/posts/7687375

of course, it requires users to know how to hack WiiU, how to inject channels, and how to use WUP installer.
usually, "newbies" start with the easiest and want vWii hacked first, if they manage to inject and use wup, they often already don't need to hack vWii.
But, it's a nice way to fix semi-brick too ! reinstalling IOS58 or IOS80 wad for example, without booting into vWii.

jchillin111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the situation is option 1 @Cyan

where you said "maybe you have a forwarder which looks like HBC, so don't remove random channels or you might remove the real one instead of the forwarder.
later, HBC has been released as open source, and a new TitleID has been created (v1.1.3), and this channel fixes the widescreen issue."

After I installed this forwarder channel, it fixed the widescreen issue I was having. So this means I need to have both the HBC and the forwarder channel on my system I suppose, and it's good to know that. Thank you.

@Filo97

I got the themes here. Here is a forum post that is on GBA Temp that shows you the themes and where you can download them
If you read the thread, it will link you to another site where you can download multiple color themes for the vWii HBC.

Click HERE to see the themes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night