Hacking Why do foreign games not work for me?

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be unlike most people and actually tell you, rather then tell you to refer to somewhere else.
On the backup loader you're using, set Force NTSC to On, go back to the main menu, then launch the game. If you're hoping to boot a different region disk from the boot menu, there are region patching things, but since you already burned a different region game, just use the Gamma loader 0.3 and force NTSC.
If you're playing on a USA Wii, Force NTSC.
If you have a PAL (European) Wii, Force PAL

deanmavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
games2007 said:
I'll be unlike most people and actually tell you, rather then tell you to refer to somewhere else.
On the backup loader you're using, set Force NTSC to On, go back to the main menu, then launch the game. If you're hoping to boot a different region disk from the boot menu, there are region patching things, but since you already burned a different region game, just use the Gamma loader 0.3 and force NTSC.
If you're playing on a USA Wii, Force NTSC.
If you have a PAL (European) Wii, Force PAL

i have a question
im pretty new to this softmod thing but i manage did it on my new wii.
i follow all the step to mod my wii and i got 2 wii games one in ntsc and the other are pal
when i ran the ntsc game with gamma loader v3 it works fine, and when i use pal game on my wii and i set to force pal 50 or 60 the result was black and white.
i was wondering did i do something wrong on my mod or i miss some important step?

deanmavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wiisel said:
force to match your tv
like i said im pretty newie for this
now im in the tutorial http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125909
and i got both r6 and wii generic wii patcher but i dont understand what he meant by
2. Run my toy while the game you want to play is inserted. Press - in the main menu to start the dumping process.
(if you have autoboot enabled in SoftChip you need to tap(not press) 1 to enter the menu, before pressing
how to i get to the main menu and start dumping.....????

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Many TV sets in North America are incompatible with PAL.

If the TV handles PAL fine, don't do anything. Just play the games in PAL as normal.

If the TV doesn't show a picture, you'll likely need to use the force NTSC option.

deanmavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haruhi said:
Many TV sets in North America are incompatible with PAL.

If the TV handles PAL fine, don't do anything. Just play the games in PAL as normal.

If the TV doesn't show a picture, you'll likely need to use the force NTSC option.
i use gamma loader and force pal 50 or 60 it should black and white screen.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
deanmavis said:
Wiisel said:
force to match your tv
like i said im pretty newie for this
now im in the tutorial http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125909
and i got both r6 and wii generic wii patcher but i dont understand what he meant by
2. Run my toy while the game you want to play is inserted. Press - in the main menu to start the dumping process.
(if you have autoboot enabled in SoftChip you need to tap(not press) 1 to enter the menu, before pressing
how to i get to the main menu and start dumping.....????

I'm sorry dumping doesn't work in this version. Until i finished the new version, which at least theoretically works very well, use the force PAL60 480i or NTSC 480i option.

another_waster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not working for me?

I have a pal wii and an ntsc game...

On my downstairs tv I can just press A and it works fine, but the TV in my room when I do this its just really flickery and I cant see anything really but you can tell the game is working?

Ive tried forcing on every mode available...

Its just the TV aint it? It doesnt have a scart on the back its that old - I have to play the Wii through my VCR and then link it up to my TV, hmmm.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
another_waster said:
ok, is it because ntsc games are 60hz? as my pal games only wok in 50hz when given the choice

PAL is 50Hz, but most games contain PAL60 too and most (PAL) tvs support PAL60 too. If you video playback is black&white, that's because your tv doesn't support the PAL colorspace, and if the screen is falling/jumping, that's because it's running at 50Hz, but your tv doesn't support 50Hz.

I'm working at a better loader with included patching, here's a test version of it:
http://rapidshare.com/files/197749348/videotest.zip.html
It's a modification of SoftChip.

This test patches all NTSC video modes to PAL and all PAL video modes to NTSC. Yes i'm paranoid. Then it looks if the video mode set in the Wii settings is found in the new video modes, if not if falls back to the next similar videomode of the same region. For example NTSC480p -> NTSC 480i or PAL576p -> PAL480p -> PAL576i -> PAL480i. If the game doesn't work with correct colors with this, please post the content of the logfile located under /SoftChip/ here. NTSC480i is videomode 0, PAL480i is videomode 20.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative