Gaming WHY can't I beat RSG in Ouendan on Hard mode?

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The level would be really, really easy if getting constant 100s on tracks wasn't killing me even before I get to the first spinner! I've tried everything, and I can't find a consistent way to get 300s on the tracks....I hit it at the right time and follow it just fine, but still I will get a 100 instead of a 300, and there goes my life bar! On other songs, getting a 300 is no sweat on tracks, but for some reason, it's just not working here! I've probably tried at least 50 times now =(

Mr.Curlynose1

HI ASL PLS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Look carefully at when the outer circle touches the inner one. That'll start you right, and then the others should be easy by relation.

I found this level to be even easier than on normal mode, for some reason. The rhythm just made more sense.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was this that made me bail on the game for a while. Hard mode was very challenging but never felt impossible until I hit RSG. the life bar moves way faster in that than in others and it just breaks me.
mad.gif

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Look carefully at when the outer circle touches the inner one. That'll start you right, and then the others should be easy by relation.

I found this level to be even easier than on normal mode, for some reason. The rhythm just made more sense.

The thing is, I'm almost 100% certain I'm starting the track at the right time, especially since there are many beats before it that set up the rhythm.....or is there a tiny lag between the beats and then the track? It doesn't seem like there's any time for lag...

Ender15

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
which one is the rsg?

The comet one.

I beat it on cheergirls... with an S-Rank...

I remember when I first did that... I had some sort of God Complex.
ph34r.gif

But the hardest ones were these:

1. RSG-Cheergirls S-Rank
2. RSG-Normal Rank
3. RSG-Hard Rank
4. RSG-Cheergirls Just beating it.
5. RSG-Easy Rank

Normal took me a while because of teh fuxxored learning curve.

But after you beat that you just cruise on through the game.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yeah me too, after I had gotten the game down pat, it was jst eaiser.

But whats really kicking my ass right now is that one level on expert hottie mode where you have to kill the robot aliens, which is just the dumbest plot ever.

RueGorE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel your pain man. I was stuck on RSG /hard forever, and I kept pressing myself to keep going. I think I might have made over 50 attempts before finally completing it, oh god and then /insane mode was unlocked (the girl squad)! This will TOTALLY kill you, even from the very first song. All the tap points are smaller, and they come and go so fast it's almost like you never saw it coming. That's when you'll really have to learn the songs, especially if you want to beat RSG again, but once you do, just as Ender15 said, the game's a breeze from then on.

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sigh, I still haven't beaten it. Every time I think I figure out what I've done wrong, it works for a little bit but then fails again. This time, I figured the DS wasn't registering my tracks the whole way through, causing me to get a 100, so I pressed a little harder (I have some vinyl on there). This actually worked for a while, so I got excited..........until I began losing and losing again before the first spinner =(

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jesus christ that was intense.....RSG on hard mode was crazy....took me @ least 30 tries to do this one....now I know what you guys are saying about the craziness factor. I wonder how hard the cheerleader mode is....going to wait before I jump into it....my hand feels like it's about to fall off after hard mode RSG.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hahaha I've seriously broken a stylus playing RSG on hard. I was using a Kunai stylus um "housing" (free from one of the Naruto games) since the DS phat stylus was too small for any Ouendan business. I crushed it just before the first spinner and jeez, my hand isn't even that big or am I strong. (I'ma weakling.)

Had to change my play style on that song and on the cheerleaders by playing on a table (DS on the table). Hurt my back like hell since I was slouched for trying for the Nth time lol. Also kinda lost my edge since I had to wait for a bigger stylus (the Hori Rakuna Touch Pen DS. I also have the DS lite version. It's okay, just a little bit smaller than a normal pen which is needed for Ouendan. But I'm thinking that the metal Battle Stylus would own more.)

But I think I had more trouble with the shift in speed on the pottery guy. I wanted to shout OUENDAAAAAAAAAAAN!

My tips:
- Get a nice comfortable stylus. Seriously the DS phat stylus sucks, I haven't tried Ouendan on the bigger lite stylus yet though.
- Try my style and lay the DS on a table.
- Take a break every 5 or so retries.
biggrin.gif

EDIT:
Normal took me a while because of teh fuxxored learning curve.

But after you beat that you just cruise on through the game.
Oh lol. Seriously I played through Normal until RSG and then got stuck. Played Easy and beat it then went back to Normal RSG. XD

sketch143

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It helps if you go download the song and listen to it a couple of times to get familiar with all the beats in the songs (yes, ALL the beats meaning drums, vocals, and other instruments)

After that, you won't even need to look at the outer circle and you'll be able to breeze through the song easily. Both on Hard mode and cheerleader mode..

I breezed through the whole game right after i downloaded the songs and listened to them a couple of times.. got the beat down pat.. (well.. except for the Giant Rat stage.....)

When in frustration....

try to cry out "OUUUUEEENNNDAAAN!!!!!!!!!"

OSU.jpg

Pochi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
When in frustration....

try to cry out "OUUUUEEENNNDAAAN!!!!!!!!!"

I'm stuck on the Robots in Cheerleaders mode... I often want to shout OueuuuueeeeedaaAAAannn... but then I realize than I'm on the train and have already drawn the attention of all people around by spinning my stylus like a mad man...

Should I try a heart attack on the granny before me?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I also complete the normal mode first, but never finished the RSG.
Then I went to the easy mode, finished it, returned to the normal mode, and still can't finish the last one.
I'm good until the rythm is changing, suddenly it's going slower, and I'm still going quickly ^^;

Pochi said:
I'm on the train and have already drawn the attention of all people around by spinning my stylus like a mad man...

Should I try a heart attack on the granny before me?
It was hilarous to read while thinking how other people looked at you on the train
tongue.gif

You remind me playing with other watching.

sketch143

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmmm

a little hint for you guys.. Cheerleader mode is essentially the same as hard mode.. they just fliped it vertically and horizontally.. so if you practice with it on hard mode, you'll get finish the one in cheerleader mode easily

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RSG made me a very sad man for a while, but when i finally got it, oh man, I was so happy! I just beat RSG on insane about a week ago and it was one of the greatest accomplishments. Unfortunatly I missed one note so I didn't get an S. You basically have to get an A or an S or you will fail. Keep workin at it, you'll get it eventually.

showdown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The level would be really, really easy if getting constant 100s on tracks wasn't killing me even before I get to the first spinner! I've tried everything, and I can't find a consistent way to get 300s on the tracks....I hit it at the right time and follow it just fine, but still I will get a 100 instead of a 300, and there goes my life bar! On other songs, getting a 300 is no sweat on tracks, but for some reason, it's just not working here! I've probably tried at least 50 times now =(

Hmm on tracks? Are you following it all the way to the end and not releasing til you the rimshot? I think 90%, if not 100%, of the time I don't get 300s it's because I release a split second too early, not because of anything else.

If you have a good sense of rhythm, Cheerleader mode is no harder than Hard.

Because they have the same "step" pattern. Cheerleader's is just smaller, and more sudden.

The smaller part is tough though. Man it took me a long time to beat RSG insane, way longer than hard, just because I would keep missing. Bah!
My tips:
- Get a nice comfortable stylus. Seriously the DS phat stylus sucks, I haven't tried Ouendan on the bigger lite stylus yet though.
- Try my style and lay the DS on a table.
- Take a break every 5 or so retries.
biggrin.gif
True, all of it! Here's the stylus I use: official Nintendo pen stylus from circuit city - the only problem is that is blocks more of the screen. But I play looking from the side a bit anyway so I don't get blocked by my hand.
dspen.jpg

QUOTE(seja_8 @ Aug 22 2006, 07:10 PM)
But whats really kicking my ass right now is that one level on expert hottie mode where you have to kill the robot aliens, which is just the dumbest plot ever.
I love that level :3. Everyone hates it, and I did until I beat it, but suddenly I really liked playing the last part. First level I S-ranked on insane
smile.gif

For that level, the first part is supposed to kick your ass, so don't worry if you're low. Even if I get only 5 or 6 100s I'm barely 2/3 health. The second part is lots of tracks that can get your health pretty high up, back to full if you get most of it. Third part is pretty much the same as the first. Fourth part: you better have it memorized because if you don't it'll kill you easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)