Hacking Why can't GameCube games be loaded off USB HDD's?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Conmore
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 27,903
  • Replies Replies 30
Off Topic but relating:

Alright so I'm trying to format my external hdd to fat 32 but when I attempted to my HDD has only two options "NTFS" and "exFAT" how do I format it to fat32 also the allocation unit size is rather strange it ranges from 128 kilobytes to 32768 kilobytes. Using Windows 7 currently.

Note:This is a 1.5 TB HDD
 
learn to use the forum search or google, this has been answered many times

on a decent OS you could use package manager to install dosfstools (if it is not already installed)
and then use mkdosfs

on windows you will have to use google to find and download some tool by hand
I think one was called fat32guiformarter, but I stay away from that as much as possible
 
learn to use the forum search or google, this has been answered many times

on a decent OS you could use package manager to install dosfstools (if it is not already installed)
and then use mkdosfs

on windows you will have to use google to find and download some tool by hand
I think one was called fat32guiformarter, but I stay away from that as much as possible

That was rather unhelpful. I actually found a good solution. Anybody who is having my same problem can just download wii backup manager to format your drive. Simple as that.
 
That was rather unhelpful.
not my fault you can't use google or gbatemp search or whatever searchengine you like
that's all you had to to: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fat32+gui+format
You, yourself said you wouldn't recommend it. I checked it out and it didn't look good to me either. Just saying, if you didn't even have a recommendation you probably shouldn't have bothered. Not mention the fact that you added on to the not helping by criticizing the fact that I didn't use an OS that only 1.66% of the world uses. Just sayin' bro.
 
You, yourself said you wouldn't recommend it. I checked it out and it didn't look good to me either. Just saying, if you didn't even have a recommendation you probably shouldn't have bothered. Not mention the fact that you added on to the not helping by criticizing the fact that I didn't use an OS that only 1.66% of the world uses. Just sayin' bro.
I meant that I only touch windows with a 10ft pole

as you were desperate I tried to help as good as I can
but since I don't use windows I don't know details like exact names of tools

if you add up all users of unix like OS you get A LOT more than 1.66%
the OSX users alone should be five times that at least, then there is linux, bsd, android etc.
and I bet you are using many unix based things daily too (internet infrastructure, phones, home net apliances, dvd players, etc)
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted