Why are you STILL a Sonic fan?

Why are you still a fan?

• I guess its the nostalgia talking here...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Since Mario was on NES, Sonic came along with SEGA. So yeah it has been like that till...(explain re

• TV shows, the OVA, and the comics...I'm one die hard fan of Sonic!

• Sonic...Sonic...a blue hedgehog that runs fast...NOPE, its about (Insert popular game here)

• Sonic SUX, all right?! Get with the program and let him die. Play something else like Halo, Persona,

• Total voters

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know this answer myself, personally it has to do with when I was young. Watching Sonic cartoons, playing Sonic games, and getting into the fanfiction Sonic story typing. After awhile, I notice other games has overshadow the once iconic blue mascot with their uniqueness and originality. However, it looks like only people who knew Sonic from Genesis till now will know what I mean by the nostalgia back then.

When I look at it, the fanbase is lose and without a solid voice of reasoning it just grows. That growth just becomes a tumor that festers the fandom. There's nothing I can do anything about it, its only time and maturity. Some fans fell off then grew out of it; like pokemon. Others still believe they are fans to the end, a bitter commitment which comes through patience and humility. We all have something we cherish then it falls off, nothing going to last forever. Heck ayt least we tried then just continue moving forward. You will never forget what you once was...

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really like them anymore. I used to like the old ones, but the new ones get boring easily. I usually try the game for like, roughly an hour, then never play them again
tongue.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
tbh, i never liked sonic to start with but that's probably due to growing up with a 64...

when i was really young i do have vague memories of my brother playing bubsy on our sega though
tongue.gif

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was a fan since the beginning and i play ever sonic game as a nostalgic reason since they remind m of my times as a child playing sonic till my genesis burned out.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I just think every Sonic game that gets released, is pretty much the same thing the last one was. Just with different music/story etc.. It gets pretty repetitive, and that's why I never finish any of the games. Although, Sonic 4 and Colors both look pretty decent. I think those might be the Sonic games that I've been waiting for.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Canonbeat234 said:
I know you tempers can type more descriptive posts then that! Give me your FULL reason.
challenge accepted:

while i don't necessarily despise repetitive gameplay - i loved the mario bros snes/nes games - i just never really got into sonic when i did play later on (emulated though)
i found myself just holding down the arrow key for the whole game and at some intervals tapping the 'z' key on my keyboard to jump over spikes and enemies

it just bored me tbh.
now uniracers on the other hand...
biggrin.gif

that game had twists and turns so just holding down a directional key wasn't enough to win - you had to be paying attention in order to beat the later opponents

and that's why i don't like sonic...

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its probably best Sonic died in part 3 at the end.... I am sure if they made other Sonic games they would have sucked too bad and for years people would have wanted to play something that was fun and had enough difficulty to make it a challenge but not so hard you wanted to turn it off and never play it again.

Yeah...... for the love of god Sega either make a good Sonic game or let him die... this zombie state you have him in does no one any good lol

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Scott-105 said:
Well, I just think every Sonic game that gets released, is pretty much the same thing the last one was. Just with different music/story etc.. It gets pretty repetitive, and that's why I never finish any of the games. Although, Sonic 4 and Colors both look pretty decent. I think those might be the Sonic games that I've been waiting for.

Interesting, the games that did came out were all repetitive however, Sonic Colors and Sonic 4 is nothing different. Only that Sonic doesn't have a voice. Its purely gameplay. Please continue with your thoughts, I want to know why people like something a while back then stop liking it all together.

xx_cutie_xx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I liked Sonic because I played the games while I was growing up.
Now I don't really pay attention to the games as much because they changed Sonic so much in the new games.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never owned a Genesis or Megadrive and remained squarely in Nintendo camp for years. That said, I never really knew much about Sonic but I enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the gamecube which was my first Sonic game. I liked it but whenever i go back to try the "classic" ones, I really dont care. Also, I love the Sonic Rush games. I guess because I was never around in Sonic's heyday, I am a bit more lenient than his followers from 16 bit days. To me, he has never been brilliant but the games have always been fun.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
JonthanD said:
Yeah its probably best Sonic died in part 3 at the end.... I am sure if they made other Sonic games they would have sucked too bad and for years people would have wanted to play something that was fun and had enough difficulty to make it a challenge but not so hard you wanted to turn it off and never play it again.

Yeah...... for the love of god Sega either make a good Sonic game or let him die... this zombie state you have him in does no one any good lol

Well yeah, SEGA should take a breather from making Sonic games. Sadly its their bread and butter which is why it gets more releases then those other games. If they stop making Sonic games, it will be a long while till they try to make some more again. SEGA needs a new platformer, not a puesdo Sonic game.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
JonthanD said:

Well yeah, SEGA should take a breather from making Sonic games. Sadly its their bread and butter which is why it gets more releases then those other games. If they stop making Sonic games, it will be a long while till they try to make some more again. SEGA needs a new platformer, not a puesdo Sonic game.

They should just clone The New Super Mario Brothers formula only with the Sonic flavor and everyone would be happy Sonic 4 looks like it might be that but it also sounds like it might be XBL only and I think they should have made it on a disk and sold it on the Wii....

Not knocking the 360 or the PS3 but when the Wii has 2X the install base why release an obviously struggling franchise on anything else but the Wii? Besides the Wii audience seems like a perfect fit for a Sonic game? Meh who am I to question the mighty Sega... lol

Edit: Well now I feel dumb I just looked it up... looks like its headed to all 3 platforms. everyone feel free to laugh at me
smile.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
N4RU70 FR34K said:
I like Sonic because he's just Sonic there is no need to explain, IMO.
There has to be a reason. Thats kind of the point of the topic and it is interesting seeing peoples reasoning behind their devotion.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hmm... I don't like the games that much, and I've never watched the show, but I like the comics. Mainly because I'm a fan of Archie Comics so I also buy the occasional Sonic Comic which I enjoy somewhat. I feel like I'm the only one who cares about the comics at all. The games are pretty boring, yes, but I did like Shadow the Hedgehog somewhat, despite the negative reviews. I at least played it till the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol our trash can decided to go flying and flipped on its side