Gaming Why are there so many rupees?

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's way way more expensive things to buy in this game than any other Zelda game so it really all seems to balance out okay.

In fact in all the 3D console Zelda's I always had a full wallet for 90% of the game which always pissed me off. Back on the NES and SNES I would run out of money a lot.

I'm not very far through Phantom Hourglass, but so far I haven't been able to afford many of the ship parts and Spirit Drops the first time I stumble across them in a shop, which is a marked improvement from the 3D console Zeldas.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think there're too much rupees in this game, I almost spent them instantly after I saved enough for stuff I want. I have yet to buy that heart container from that sea merchant, but I just spent about 700 in that bow game to win that prize for 2000 points.

I quite like the fluctuation in rupees this time. Keeps in line with CPI and also allows me to buy items. Remember you can save more rupees by shouting louder for the crane arm. I saved 700 second time!

How much is the crane normally? I was in my dorm room so I couldn't exactly scream real loud and ended up having to pay 300 rupees.
LMAO, I got mine at 200, I thought that is the lowest it can go. I was pretending to shout at a sibling that time, calling her name loudly.
rofl2.gif

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"LMAO, I got mine at 200, I thought that is the lowest it can go. I was pretending to shout at a sibling that time, calling her name loudly."

Just blow into the mic.

Da-Huntha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lostmoment.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, blowing into the mic will up the sound level the mic receives.
Whenever you need to shout in the game, a silent blow does the job.
At least I didn't make a fool out of myself this way...

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm curious to know what is the rupee limit in PH. So far, I have 9300...

And yes, the ridiculous amount of rupees you can rack up in this game is setback by the fact that certain items cost a lot of rupees to acquire. For example, at the traveling merchant ship (the guy who gives you membership points), I bought a Golden Ship Hull for 6500 rupees...

WickEd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just finished the Ice Temple or Sea Temple or whatever it's called. (I like how when you're leaving, the field outside the temple is inhabited by monsters that do not attack or acknowledge you, or cannot be killed.)

4000 rupees now. I bought a Heart Container for 1500, almost bought the Bomb Bag for another 1000, but held off and won it in a mini game.
biggrin.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a bomb bag for 1000 and won another in a mini-game. Can hold 30 bombs now.

Also, 6300 rupees for the golden chimney! I've been playing all day saving rupees and I'm up to 5914 rupees. So tired if collecting rupees.

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just finished the Ice Temple or Sea Temple or whatever it's called. (I like how when you're leaving, the field outside the temple is inhabited by monsters that do not attack or acknowledge you, or cannot be killed.)

4000 rupees now. I bought a Heart Container for 1500, almost bought the Bomb Bag for another 1000, but held off and won it in a mini game.
biggrin.gif
Buy it anyway. Unless you don't want more bombs.
unsure.gif

I've been driving myself crazy playing mini games. I unintentionally gain rupees when I actually want the treasure maps. >.>

Calculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pawn my treasures off to the treasure collector of the mer-something island, and have like 16k or so. I've bought everything I could get my hands on and working on a gold membership on beedle (by the way silver membership gets you a freebie card for beedle's shop). If you have Ruto crowns save them for the treasure collector in the south east sea, he buys them 22 rupees higher.

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm that the limit is 9999 (4 digits). I've maxed out that number before I finished the second to last dungeon. It doesn't go any higher, unless there are AR cheats out there to break that limit. I have nothing to spend my money on >.

Calculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The max is 9999k rupees, typo on my part I have 6k rupees. I think I also messed up on the 22 is actually 27 I believe, anyone cofirm that?

Pretty sure he buys them at 77 rupees.

smallkidd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can do the digging minigame for free if you fly in the the place you dig for stuff
smile.gif
but you still only can dig 10 things. btw what happens if one digs up mmore then 10 items?

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Huh? What do you mean by fly in for free?
blink.gif

Unless you're at end-game, I really don't think you need to resort to farming tactics. Feel free to save before the game and reset when you lose too many rupees.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/wbMbMtDBaZo?si=Z3ObLtc4Ez6dUY1b