Why are so many people wanting to remove CFW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by NitroCipher, Aug 7, 2017.

1. NitroCipher
    OP

NitroCipher Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    I personally don't understand why people would want to remove CFW. For one, it seems like it would be a pain to do. Also, if you intend on selling the system, you could probably sell it for even more than you would normally. The only reason I can think of is if it was physically damaged and being sent to Ninty for repairs. (In most threads I have seen previously, this hasn't been the case.)

Side question: Has there been any evidence of Ninty checking for CFW when doing repairs?

Last edited by NitroCipher, Aug 7, 2017
  2. Pyra

Pyra GBAtemp Fan

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    usually i imagine newer people have this false idea that something broke because of the cfw itself and want to remove it

or they worry that ninty will find out when they send it in fo repairs and void their warranty, like you said

or they also worry that they won't be able to sell a hacked system, or they wanna sell it like it's brand new or something, though you have a good point in that people might pay extra for a hacked system

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

dpad_5678 and Quantumcat like this.
  3. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    maybe cus of the bans idk hoomanz are weird

4. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    Bans it one reason, they do not what to get banned,
    they do not care for CFW
    they just worried something might go wrong with CFW and brick the system

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Because they literally have no idea what they are doing. They assume running a CFW will get them banned, they assume every crash/black screen means something is wrong, etc. Basically their lack of knowledge creates fear and they let the fear get the best of them.

6. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2014
    Mexico
    Well can't think of a real valid reason. Each one must have its own.

But myself, when buying a console, if it has CFW it is worth less, not more. I prefer modding it myself, and not taking the risk of buying a console that has been wrongly modded (most of the time that's a reason to sell it and try to delete CFW).

7. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Less fortunate if it's on 11.4/11.5 though

8. mrjoshuaco

mrjoshuaco Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    It makes sense in some countries if you're considering a sale due the ambiguous legality of circumvention. eBay, and to a lesser extent Craigslist, remove modded system listings, or perhaps they want to trade it in (without the stigma of piracy), etc. While your buddy down the street may pay more for a modded console, it's not necessarily true someone else might (or even know what the fuck you're talking about). Either way, the endgame of system modification is about "choice", and that includes the choice to remove it. OP had a fair question; I'm primarily referring to the inevitable CFW zealot shitposts that follow such questions/requests.

Ryccardo likes this.
  9. wolfmankurd

wolfmankurd GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2013
    Luckily ninty has made a online so shit I don't even know if I am banned cause I never go online.,

10. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Their console, their right to freedom of choice (what hacking, homebrew, and piracy all are supposed to defend), our right to ignore what we arbitrarily and personally consider stupid questions

11. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    I kind of debunked this awhile ago.Its because of value and ebay.When you sell a banned b9s 3ds and you dont say anything so you can charge full price (more than what the 3ds ls worth slnce its modded) you are risking a refund when a new banwave hits or your public seed goes down.This makes it hard to sell the console in general unless you put a stealth patch on the ctrnand and sell it as a stock console,so if it gets banned it won't be your fault if the buyer can't find out its modded.In other words its easier to sell the console with a stealth patch banned then sell it unmodded banned,mainly because you need a NAND backup that you made before installing b9s so you can revert back to stock without bricking.Hopefully this helps all the "my brother wants to know how to unmod his 3ds,personal reasons" comments

Last edited by Ominous66521, Aug 8, 2017
  12. rafaeloz

rafaeloz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    Burkina Faso
    The best portable device ever with CFW . Better than original.
    I can play NDS, GBA, GB, GBC , SNES, NEO GEO, CPS1 and 2 , Genesys and even Pc Engine directly on home screen without the need to use emulators and tweak things up.
    All with injectors and fowarders found here on GbaTemp(thank the incredible users here).

This people don't know what they are missing.
    Like Wii in table console , 3ds have the best cfw ever on a portable one.