Hacking Why are R4s preferred?

Touko White

(not)Banned
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm aware that R4s are the most popular type of DS flashcard you can get (and they're banned in this country because Nintendo thinks homebrew is 100% pirating and everything not licenced is evil).

Why is this? I've read up (or should I say, browsed a few threads on some board before I was even known as my 2012 - 1st half of 2015 name), and came to a conclusion that the SuperCard DSTWO cards are far better than R4s, despite the fact they drain the battery more quickly than a normal one due to some chip or whatever.

There's no specific forum for general flash cards so I might as well post it here.
Thanks for support.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
SC DSTWO is more expensive because it has many more features compared to the R4, such as its built-in co-processor to make emuators run more smoothly. For simply playing DS ROMs, R4 is a better choice because it's cheaper. It's a matter of economics - most people just want to play DS ROMs, so the R4 is more popular.

Sumsquat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess that's because they cost like 5 bucks and you get them everywhere (even though they are banned from sale in many countries)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)