Hacking Why add anti-piracy measures to Devolution ?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, I also think that some people do not like to admit when they might be wrong about something.

Are you talking about yourself in the third person? I hope so, because if not that would mean you're passive aggressively dismissing facts and logic in order to prove your own flawed logic... Kind of hypocritical considering how dismissive you claim everyone else has been.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone else with a wiinja inside their wii's was suscessfull at verifying burned isos? i got 4 out of 5 games to verify out of burnt copies and the only thing in my wii is a wiinja clone chip(really old one but it plays wii backups with no need of any loaders or anything) its soft modded too but that has nothing to do with running the GC disks

lol this is exhilarant.

I mean, really, an AP system that stop legitime users from using devolution, makes some games that should work imposible to play (Rogue Leader), can corrupt HDD and in top of that, it doesnt stop some modchips. This is really hilarious.

But yet, the AP defenders with their heads up their asses are STILL going to suck up to the author and claim we're assholes for raising hell about it....

I dont mind the creator putting AP if he so desired, but pirates will always find a way. AP same as DRM is only a hassle for legitimate users wich run into hickups caused by the AP prevention in the 1st place. I've known many who have become pirates not cause its free but rather cause its easier to get a game to work than buying it legitimately. Its like MMO's and private servers, mmos that have no option to buy sub time without using a cc (prepaid cards in retail stores, paypal, other easy methods) have more piracy. AP will always mean to me a nuisance for the consumer and a reason for a pirate to justify himself.

Reactions: 2 people

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
There are still people bitching around with Devolution's AP?

LOL⁴²

Why don't you accept tuedj's decision and use DM/DML instead?

So why don't get yourself a life, have sex with your girlfriend... or boyfriend... or both or do something useful for society (baby-sitting, support old people) rather than useless complaining? Well it's just that I can't understand why people waste so much of their precious lifetime with nothing more than complaining. I feel sorry for you. Really.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are still people bitching about people bitching around with Devolution's AP?

Why don't you accept other peoples decision and go read the non anti-ap thread instead?

I can't understand why people waste so much of their precious lifetime with nothing more than complaining about other people complaining. I feel sorry for you. Really.

Reactions: 3 people

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
This thread will inevitably always be a hot thread.
This subject and the NTSC vs FAT32 debate were both big off-topic derailers on the old devolution speculation thread.
The file system poll/thread that they made (like this one) just to give place for all the off-topic chat kept going strong for a LONG time. I think it would still be going strong if the one who started it hadn't just decided he had gotten the desired statistics from the poll and requested it to be closed. (UNFORTUNATELY)
This thread, on the other hand, I don't think they dare close because people would go right back to the main thread to make their comments.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't blame completely the people that are against the AP because even thought their point of view is against the author's decision I also noticed the people in favor of the AP tend to mock them in different ways to enrage them further more and keep the thread full of flaming. If someone comes here talking trash about Devolution it can be something that can be ignored or replied in a proper professional way as it won't affect Devolution and/or Tueidj in any matter, however replying to them sarcastically just add fuel to the fighting and that had been happening in the last few pages.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are still people bitching around with Devolution's AP?

LOL⁴²

Why don't you accept tuedj's decision and use DM/DML instead?

So why don't get yourself a life, have sex with your girlfriend... or boyfriend... or both or do something useful for society (baby-sitting, support old people) rather than useless complaining? Well it's just that I can't understand why people waste so much of their precious lifetime with nothing more than complaining. I feel sorry for you. Really.
Bitching about people bitching and telling them to get a life.

LOL84 at the irony and hypocrisy.

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer to that question is binary, not indeterminate, in this case no.

One cannot pass nor fail a test that one never takes (or, in this case, completes). You can't claim that someone failed a security check if their car broke down before they even got to the airport.

Reactions: 3 people

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Summary of the last 36 pages of comments:

One group is backing the authors decision to put AP in and agrees with it.
One group is backing the authors decision to put AP in, but doesn't agree with it.
One group is trying to figure out how the AP works by reading an encrypted curved file that relies on a rand() function and current time.
One group is denouncing the AP, with some out right threatening the author.
One group is confused about what the AP means.
Two users brought up using Dolphin instead, I'm with this group.

I admit, I used to be on the hack the Wii for GC group. Then I bought an i7 3770k with a GT 630 card. Now I've mellowed out. Let the guy have his AP.

Oh, and I became a pirate because it was the only realistic way to collect every game ever made. The real challenge is getting good emulators, and only taking real consoles when I fail to get good emulators.

Reactions: 1 person

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think the author would want to view this thread, much less participate in it.
It's understandable that he would want to put a stop to the BS about how the AP was causing problems, when it was the old apploaders.

I thought his seeing people disagreeing with his AP methods would deter him from further making Devolution.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't think the author would want to view this thread, much less participate in it.
It's understandable that he would want to put a stop to the BS about how the AP was causing problems, when it was the old apploaders.

I thought his seeing people disagreeing with his AP methods would deter him from further making Devolution.
Tueidj is a professional and a mature person. He won't stop development just because people have a different point of view than his. In fact it was expected to happen (the complaining) because IIRC the first thread he opened announcing Devolution (about three months ago) was closed due to people complaining about the AP. Now that Devolution was released the debate resumed from there. In time people will get used to Devolution and the way it works. However I personally think that if DM achieves audio streaming people will prefer it more than Devo due to the fact that DM doesn't have the AP (the obvious choice for pirates and non pirates)disc format (take less space) game compatibility and maybe other things but as for now Devo is working really great and it is under heavy development so I know it will achieve many things.

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well like all good software... here's to it being cracked. Just a fact not a point of view. Because the more popular this gets coupled with the anti-p attention, It's just a matter of time. I'm patient, I'll wait.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dios Mios is going to have streaming audio in the near future, or so Crediar stated, and that it's coming along. As for my opinion of tueidj quitting the scene, I should probably retract my earlier statement. I asininely accused him for rage-quitting once he read the posts in this thread, but I'm glad I was wrong; his knowledge of Wii hacking is invaluable.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's a very good point.

so did you ever actually give a reason why you put AP in it? or is it a combination of reasons? im just curious how you defend/justify it. and just to let you know i enjoy arguing i basically do it for a living! lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1