Gaming Whoa, my PSP slim is having a serious issue

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well long story short, i just downloaded Rock Band Unplugged onto my PSP, and after putting it on there, the only thing out of the ordinary i have done since was put it into sleep mode. After i exited rock band, i noticed my main Memory Stick (Which is a 4 gig), keeps saying there are no games on it, despite the fact that theres atleast 6 games. And when i switch to my other memory cards, it gives me wierd Free Space counts like "2556 MBs" left on a 1 gig card, or "2250" on a 2 gig, yet the games still show up on those 2 but not this one. Could Rock Band have caused this?

Quick update, i formatted the card and its showing games again now. Im gonna try what i did with Rock Band again to see if it happens again, so ill know whether or not it was a bad dump.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i found the problem, i forgot i used YACC to uncompress it in hopes of compressing it even further with UMD Gen, so i guess i hit some sort of game killing snag.
Its a bad dump
sleep.gif
, thats all there is to it, everytime i exit Rock Band, all my games are corrupted, and i have to format my card.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not a bad dump it's copy protection (and what on Earth makes you think YACC is an inferior compression tool compared with UMDGen??? A dedicated compression tool based on the best command line compressor Vs a UMD editing tool...)

Either use this or save a blank text document to "PSP/GAME" on your PSP (do not choose a file name when you save, just save it as .txt). This will stop the removal of the game folder.

Rubbish game anyway...

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
I know the problem. It happened to me a few minutes ago. I was missing a few files in the PSP area (along the lines of GAME and ISOCACHE) so, since i have 2 memsticks, i was constatntly checking the differences. Make sure of two things:
1) You have all files and folders in the PSP section.
2) your isocache file's name is all in lowercase.

Check these and hope i helped!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
How does that help when the game itself actively deletes the PSP/GAME folder every time you play it?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Or you could decrypt the EBOOT.BIN using prxdecrypter and Hex edit the decrypted EBOOT.BIN. Look for ms0:/PSP/GAME near 0x00336DB4 and replace the text ms0 with disc0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la