Whoa, my PSP slim is having a serious issue

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by dgwillia, May 16, 2009.

May 16, 2009
  1. dgwillia
    OP

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Well long story short, i just downloaded Rock Band Unplugged onto my PSP, and after putting it on there, the only thing out of the ordinary i have done since was put it into sleep mode. After i exited rock band, i noticed my main Memory Stick (Which is a 4 gig), keeps saying there are no games on it, despite the fact that theres atleast 6 games. And when i switch to my other memory cards, it gives me wierd Free Space counts like "2556 MBs" left on a 1 gig card, or "2250" on a 2 gig, yet the games still show up on those 2 but not this one. Could Rock Band have caused this?

Quick update, i formatted the card and its showing games again now. Im gonna try what i did with Rock Band again to see if it happens again, so ill know whether or not it was a bad dump.

2. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    I'll try it

3. dgwillia
    OP

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    I think i found the problem, i forgot i used YACC to uncompress it in hopes of compressing it even further with UMD Gen, so i guess i hit some sort of game killing snag.
    Its a bad dump [​IMG], thats all there is to it, everytime i exit Rock Band, all my games are corrupted, and i have to format my card.

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    It's not a bad dump it's copy protection (and what on Earth makes you think YACC is an inferior compression tool compared with UMDGen??? A dedicated compression tool based on the best command line compressor Vs a UMD editing tool...)

Either use this or save a blank text document to "PSP/GAME" on your PSP (do not choose a file name when you save, just save it as .txt). This will stop the removal of the game folder.

Rubbish game anyway...

5. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    I know the problem. It happened to me a few minutes ago. I was missing a few files in the PSP area (along the lines of GAME and ISOCACHE) so, since i have 2 memsticks, i was constatntly checking the differences. Make sure of two things:
    1) You have all files and folders in the PSP section.
    2) your isocache file's name is all in lowercase.

Check these and hope i helped!

6. xist

United Kingdom
    How does that help when the game itself actively deletes the PSP/GAME folder every time you play it?

7. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    yeah just make a txt file in GAME
    I dled the cso and didn't have to

8. xist

United Kingdom
    Or you could decrypt the EBOOT.BIN using prxdecrypter and Hex edit the decrypted EBOOT.BIN. Look for ms0:/PSP/GAME near 0x00336DB4 and replace the text ms0 with disc0.