Homebrew Who to quickly determine if a9lh is installed? (Noob perspective)

Geuix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question:
If you're a noob (as in you don't know anything about cfw in general), how can you determine if a9lh is installed?

Situation:
I'll be buying a 3ds, supposedly installed with a9lh. now, I can't check the unit itself (I'm overseas) and I'll be asking my wife (who knows nothing about 3ds,let alone cfw) to pick up the unit for me, can you help me determine if the unit that I'll be getting has a9lh already installed?

My checklist:
*Check if hourglass is installed (press start upon booting) - not sure if you can do this with emunand
*Check if luma if installed (press select upon booting)- again,not sure if you can do this with emunand
*Check sd card if it has the necessary files for a9lh.

I really appreciate your help, thanks!

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ask her to turn it completely off, and hold select upon booting. Pressing start for Hourglass9 isn't too reliable since they might not have that payload for Start, but you can also check the SD card for the correct files.

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just ask her to turn it completely off, and hold select upon booting. Pressing start for Hourglass9 isn't too reliable since they might not have that payload for Start, but you can also check the SD card for the correct files.
But the the 3ds could be with SaltFW ( I think its called SaltFW) and it doesn't have the select option, basically, if it cames with Salt, I think that the only option is to check de sd card files.

Geuix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

So I'm on the right path. Basically, you can't use hourglass if the unit isn't a9lh? I will ask her to check the content of the sd card thru FBI, thou which file specifically?

But the the 3ds could be with SaltFW ( I think its called SaltFW) and it doesn't have the select option, basically, if it cames with Salt, I think that the only option is to check de sd card files.
I intentionally ask the seller to install Luma on the system, if my specifications isn't met, I can freely turn down the deal.

Last edited by Geuix,
Reactions: fodder

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on the right path. Basically, you can't use hourglass if the unit isn't a9lh? I will ask her to check the content of the sd card thru FBI, thou which file specifically?

I intentionally ask the seller to install Luma on the system, if my specifications isn't met, I can freely turn down the deal.
Oh no, it's not that you can use it if the unit isn't A9LH, it's just that he might make the Hourglass payload a different button, you can register them to whatever button on the system you please, might not be start.

And look specifically for a /luma/payloads folder and the arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD root

Geuix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh no, it's not that you can use it if the unit isn't A9LH, it's just that he might make the Hourglass payload a different button, you can register them to whatever button on the system you please, might not be start.

And look specifically for a /luma/payloads folder and the arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD root
Got it, I appreciate the help! Thanks!

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:
If you're a noob (as in you don't know anything about cfw in general), how can you determine if a9lh is installed?

Situation:
I'll be buying a 3ds, supposedly installed with a9lh. now, I can't check the unit itself (I'm overseas) and I'll be asking my wife (who knows nothing about 3ds,let alone cfw) to pick up the unit for me, can you help me determine if the unit that I'll be getting has a9lh already installed?

My checklist:
*Check if hourglass is installed (press start upon booting) - not sure if you can do this with emunand
*Check if luma if installed (press select upon booting)- again,not sure if you can do this with emunand
*Check sd card if it has the necessary files for a9lh.

I really appreciate your help, thanks!
Right now I don't recommend you buy a system with a9lh preinstalled. The reason I say this is because due to the Sun and Moon bans people are selling thier banned 3DS's. They will say it has a9lh, but it will also be banned which they will not tell you.

Reactions: CeeDee

Geuix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right now I don't recommend you buy a system with a9lh preinstalled. The reason I say this is because due to the Sun and Moon bans people are selling thier banned 3DS's. They will say it has a9lh, but it will also be banned which they will not tell you.

It's actually a brand new unit that comes with ver. 11 out of the box and the seller is a local retailer that also offers softmod downgrade so that won't be an issue.

Thanks to everyone who answers my question, I've updated my checklist with your insights.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: I am trying to hack Fire Emblem Warriors on my 2DS XL, I have been trying to get it to work, but...