Who is responsible for maintaining switch.hacks.guide?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Idaho, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Idaho
    OP

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    I'm opening this topic to know who is responsible for this site and if they intent to keep maintaining it or not, because as of now their tutorials are outdated, the 3ds.hacks.guide site was really useful to me and a lot of people in the 3ds community and I was kinda hoping to have the same level of precision with this site, but as of now I'm wondering if the people responsible for switch.guide are the same as the 3ds.guide site...

So yeah I'm mostly doing this because I was expecting to find a tutorial to install Hekate on my switch and there is none to be found on this site :/
    A centralized place to get all the how-to to get into hacking our devices seems quite needed to expand the reach of the community, is there any other place where we can get all the tutorials we need to hack our devices?

Last edited by Idaho, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    Idaho likes this.
  3. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    You don't really install it.
    Get this.
    The copy-to-sd folder content goes to your SD root obviously.
    Then you boot your Switch into RCM by chosing the JoyCon (rail) "hack" that you like the most (for example by placing a jig in the rail), hold VOL+ and turn your Switch on.
    Connect it to a PC and use TegraRcmSmash to send the hekate payload (the BIN file) to the Switch. You can do this by drag and drop (payload on TegraRcmSmash.exe while Switch is connected).
    There's also ways to send a payload from a smartphone but don't ask me for that.

Eleczoro and Idaho like this.
  4. Idaho
    OP

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    Well by "install" I meant a way to run it, thanks for the instructions though, I think I'll be able to handle this if it's that simple ^^

Still the site should be updated to provide those instructions :P

5. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    I was checking it out of curiousity a few days ago and was surprised as well that it's that outdated.

Idaho likes this.
  6. The3rdknuckles

The3rdknuckles GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    #wrongsection

7. sks316

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Windows XP background
    First of all, wrong section.
    The guy you're looking for is Plailect.

8. Idaho
    OP

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    Well sorry but I wasn't sure of which section to choose from, as he has been mentioned in the thread I hope we'll get an answer from him :)

9. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    The problem is, everything is changing so fast. When/if the site gets updated, it’ll most likely be outdated in a week. Or maybe they are waiting for atmospheres official release.

Last edited by slaphappygamer, Jul 18, 2018
    ByteBite likes this.
  10. YigglyPoof

YigglyPoof GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2016
    United States
    It’s this OP, Plailect is on team ReSwitched, therefore he is waiting for them to release something.

11. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Even if they are waiting on Atmosphere's release, they shluldn't be biased towards only serving Atmosphere. The guide should show how to install all current custom firmwares, Atmosphere, SX, Rei, and whatever Matrix has going on.

Idaho likes this.
  12. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Trust me, its not easy keeping up with everything that is constantly changing. Its the same reason i havent posted my switch guide yet. Im waiting for things to stabalize a bit

ByteBite, Idaho and slaphappygamer like this.
  13. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

GBAtemp Patron
    blujay is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    They are biased towards Luma3DS, where ReiSix is also available. Once atmosphere comes out, there won't be competition, unfortunately. Everyone will use it and the mantra "just use atmosphere" will be created.

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Regardless of whomever is maintaining that website (I know its Plailect), there will probably be an equivalent, if not superior, version on GBATemp in the future.

slaphappygamer likes this.
  15. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Atmosphere won't (intentionally) allow piracy, so already it's not going to be widely used. It has to be good if people use it despite not allowing piracy.

At this point, being "good" should involve easy hacking (no use of jig), peace of mind (no chance of ban or brick), and ease of use (no need to insert payload repeatedly, homebrew getting it's own .nsp loader instead of using album). Otherwise, people will stick to SX, Matrix, or whatever Rei is cooking out back. If Atmosphere is just SX minus piracy and SX's future updates, it will not succeed.

Another reason why cracking the SX OS is important...

Anyway, this is why such bias is a problem for a guide that claims to be neutral "switch hacking". Atmosphere doesn't have the all of the solutions people want.

Last edited by Pluupy, Jul 18, 2018
  16. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    if your not happy with the project , (and this is said without sarcasm) make your own.

17. Plailect

Plailect GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    As I said previously, I'm waiting for some stuff to stabilize a bit (hopefully whenever atmosphere releases) before recommending anything more than just homebrew launcher to regular users. Stuff like Hekate is only really good for people who are ready to constantly be updating all of their stuff all of the time (which some people enjoy, but those people also are the type to read forum/reddit posts constantly to stay up-to-speed and don't need a guide).

Idaho, lordelan, BL4Z3D247 and 5 others like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted