Hacking Who has it in stock NOW?

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
After looking back on its history here on the board, it seems it is a little known shop that has been overshadowed by Winsunx. Since they aren't shipping more units until July 20th, around the same time North American shops will have them in, HopeBuy may be your only shot at the moment. From all accounts I've read from past buyers, they seemingly have a good repuation. My only gripe with HopeBuy is that their direct credit card system with iPay isn't properly setup, since there is no field for the 3-digit security code on the back of Visas and Mastercards. They do accept PayPal without any increase to the total cost, which adds a 24-48 hour delay on shipping.

I placed an order myself for G6 Lite, Passcard 3 and a tri-wing screwdriver. I'll be more than happy to rate their service once our transaction concludes.

TEKNOSYSTEKWRX

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
O_O 23$ shipping

jesus since when was shipping from asian places ever this expensive?

Everybody complains about this, but I don't see what the big deal is. I ordered from winsunx last week, and I got my order in 2 days from China to the US. That's darn impressive. Ever order other tech products from venders on eBay? Most charge between $10-20 for shipping and usually takes 3-5 days. And most of them are in the US!

jnguyen822

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my g6 lite thursday night through hopebuy and received this morning...took only 3 days and i paid for the cheapest shipping too (via UPS $16) everything works great, currently playing rockman zx
smile.gif

jnguyen822

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--MRB--

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I e-mailed Hopebuy yesterday and they answered me with this:

[email protected] , feng, romman
3 jul. (21 uren geleden)
Dear MRB,

How are you? I am Celery from Hopebuy.com.c
I am sorry, we only have Chinese version in stock now.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regard.
Sales Department
www.Hopebuy.com
2006-07-03

======= 2006-07-03 18:20:10 =======

>Hello,
>
>I have a question for you, do you have the G6 lite perfect 4G (Crystal
>white) on stock right now ?
>I am thinking of ordering one.
>

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
First, it looks like whomever responded didn't fully understand your question too well. Now, unlike M3, G6 doesn't have territorial firmware (English, Chinese, Japanese, etc.). All use the same software and updates. So, yes, it may be the Chinese version, but it will run in English w/o messing with hacks, etc. that M3 once had. See the official software site, http://www.handheldsources.com , and you'll notice the only regional downloads are the movie conversion software. That's it.

And if I'm wrong, for the love of God, please correct me!

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
TheSpade I'm fairly sure that you are indeed correct on the no territorial lock on the G6. I asked on the hopebuy forums and they gave me the same response.
I asked Opium earlier in IRC. He confirmed that you can change the language no matter where you purchase the G6.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hopebuy sucks big time. i ordered one last week, payd last week, still no shipping. there is no single word on their page that states it isnt in stock or its preorder.

mars

D

Deleted User

hopebuy sucks big time. i ordered one last week, payd last week, still no shipping. there is no single word on their page that states it isnt in stock or its preorder.

mars
that's not nice! i wanted to order today, but seeing this i won't (or at least i'll wait)! thanx though and make sure to post your experience with them over here -> Official List of Flashcard Dealers for all of us to see when we need advice on buying things
happy.gif

TEKNOSYSTEKWRX

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's not good to hear. I ordered it late last night, and this morning I got a confirmation email saying they received payment and the order would ship soon. I used paypal. I hope they really do have it in stock.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

mars
They do state when items are out of stock. You click "Buy" on an item, and a pop up appears notifying you. Also, you said you paid last week. What was the date and the method of payment you chose? Did you log in and check the status of your order? What items did you order? Why do I not see anyone stating anything of this nature on their forum?

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopebuy just went through replying to a couple threads a little while ago. He/she said that the english version of the G6 lite is sold out but they have some of the chinese version. From what I've heard they are essentially the same since you can format them and flash them with firmware in either language.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hi