Gaming Who else is excited for D2?

Swamp7hing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dementium 1 was great, and D2 comes out today... who else is excited?
biggrin.gif

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you double posted a topic. and D2 came out yesterday.

to answer your question, im exited. it's got a survival mode to it.

Swamp7hing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard it was short, but Renegade Kid is a developer I love to support. I can't find a copy around me, though.

tombot

Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
Dartz150 said:
Im too, i'm at least searching if there is a rom, but no one have dumped it yet....

I could see using commercial roms for Pokemon or something that is bound to make oodles of money anyway. But this is a very small developer releasing original and innovative material. Please buy the game and support them so they can continue.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tombot said:
Dartz150 said:
Im too, i'm at least searching if there is a rom, but no one have dumped it yet....

I could see using commercial roms for Pokemon or something that is bound to make oodles of money anyway. But this is a very small developer releasing original and innovative material. Please buy the game and support them so they can continue.

I second this. I bought Dementium II yesterday (and I pre-ordered it and got a signed poster from RK for doing so).

These guys are awesome and deserve to be rewarded for it. I'm not trying to bring my holier-than-thou attitude in, but these guys work their asses off and the results are good.

If they don't make any profit, they won't be able to continue. Sadly, though, SouthPeak is the publisher, and they're known for fucking over the developers.

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dementium was lackluster...all I did was push at the touchscreen with my stylus over and over again....literally minutes of fun. Not even gonna download the sequel. I vote 'nay'.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the game will be worth a play through. Everything I've read everywhere from people who own it say it's a great game, but short. And they say this pretty unanimously. Great, but short. Very little variation.

So while I plan to play this "great" game at some point, the lack of funds stops me from buying it right now. When you take the length into consideration, it seems even less practical to spend $30 on it anyway.....maybe when it hits the sce.....err....I mean bargain bin, then I'll check it out. At least that's how I'm rationalizing it when I know I can't afford to spend the money on it.

I know there are people who like to play games multiple times to collect or unlock everything or to up the challenge with higher difficulties, but I'm generally not one of those people and with a game like this I doubt I'd play through it more than once.

The ironic thing is, many of the best games I've ever played were generally considered "too short" by the gaming community.

I wonder if the game may have some nasty AP that the hackers feel they must attempt to crack before they release it to the scene and that's why it's not dumped yet. You never know....well....unless you buy it and dump it yourself and see if has AP or not, of course.
rolleyes.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It seems the biggest ( and quite only ) complain about this game it's the length of the adventure...
I must say more often these days, when a game is labeled " too short " by others, it's usually the right length or maybe even too long for me......
Anyway who's got the time to spend 40+ hour on a game, when there are so many to choose from ?
I don't really mind games a little short ( surely too short like 2-3 hours would be really a joke ), personally I get bored after a while playing the same game.
So I welcome shorter games , so I can play more games.
This looks really good, I'm looking forward to it !

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
tombot said:
Dartz150 said:

Yeah, I got sick of waiting, I better buy it, see ya!!!
gbasp.gif

Toa_235

Romantic_Carpet
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Croatia
i`ve played Dementium The Ward, liked it, it`s a great game for DS, but during the gameplay it seemed to me as if something`s missing, anyway i look forward to playing it and maybe getting an original copy of the game... i hope it gets dumped soon

Swamp7hing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Totally agree. I think it's going to be great - 60 FPS, DS FPS, whats there to complain about? Length isn't terrible, either. Short and sweet, I say.

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arm73 said:
It seems the biggest ( and quite only ) complain about this game it's the length of the adventure...
I must say more often these days, when a game is labeled " too short " by others, it's usually the right length or maybe even too long for me......
Anyway who's got the time to spend 40+ hour on a game, when there are so many to choose from ?
I don't really mind games a little short ( surely too short like 2-3 hours would be really a joke ), personally I get bored after a while playing the same game.

it's because you pirate games that you consider short games alright but if you payed for all your games you'd want to make sure you were getting your moneys worth.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DarkFocus said:
Arm73 said:

it's because you pirate games that you consider short games alright but if you payed for all your games you'd want to make sure you were getting your moneys worth.

So I guess in my views I represent most GBAtemers, right ?
I know there are a bunch of guys here that actually buy games, but there is also a whole lot of us who don't, therefore I don't think my comment applies only to myself .
For me ( and a lot of people here ) really long games are impractical, unless you have nothing to do all day long but just play games.
Decent, medium sized games ( 8- 10 hours, even 6-7 is good IMO ) are the way to go.
Download, transfer, play >>>>>>>>move over...........
Really, with an AK2i and 4GB full of games do we really need each one of them to last 30+ hour ? Thank God no............

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD