Apple White iPhone 4 jailbreak, risk of Bricking???

floydo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, I just recently got a White iPhone on a plan, and I am unsure as to whether I should jailbreak it. The only thing holding me back is the risk of bricking the phone. So, can someone tell me what the risk of bricking it is when using Sn0wBreeze?

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have no risk of "bricking". I's straight forward enough.

Also, I've never seen a case where an iPhone was so messed up a DFU restore couldn't fix it. So you are fine.

And just don't install anything you're very unsure of.

This applies to all jailbreak software.

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well... I just jailbroke mine when it was 3 days old or something, because I was damn fed up with what Apple allowed, or beter, what they forbid.

I used redsn0w and didn't have any problems. it went quick and safe. And to undo it you just have to restore your phone via iTunes and you're done. (Well after you made sure that you won't lose your non-apple-data that is)
biggrin.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
As for what platform you should jailbreak on, do it on whichever OS you use to sync with your iPhone. (i.e.- If you manage your iPhone in Mac OS X, use Mac OS X to jailbreak.)

If you don't want to restore your iPhone, use redsn0w on either platform.

If you do want to restore your iPhone for some reason (there's really no need to), I recommend using PwnageTool in Mac OS X, or sn0wbreeze for Windows.

floydo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ohh so there is Redsn0w on windows? i thought the equivalent of it on windows was sn0wbreeze. That clears things up. Also, when you said restore, is that if I decide I don't like the jailbreak?? or is that for if something goes wrong? because I would rather have a restore if its needed in case something happens.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup, redsn0w is available for both Mac OS X and Windows. sn0wbreeze is more of a Windows equivalent to PwnageTool.

Restoring a device wipes out all of the data on it, and reinstalls the firmware. Using an official IPSW from Apple will wipe out the jailbreak. Using a custom IPSW will wipe out all of your data, but your device will be jailbroken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!