Hacking White/Black DS Lite

monopoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be getting a DS Lite soon to replace my aging launch original DS. Which one shows stains better then Black or the White?

I really want the Zelda one but I am not sure I'll be able to find it so its really down to White/Black for me.

Assuming I can't get my hands on the Zelda one.

ihiphopanonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a black one and it still looks fresh...my sister's on the other hand isn't looking too good lol. She has the white one and it's accumulating a lot of dirt and is a bit brown in colour. Hope this helps.

Btw...make sure the plastic sticker that protects the serial number on the back of your ds doesn't come off...mine did and the serial number rubbed off lol but i don't see a reason to exchange or return a ds unless it's missing a pixel.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Get either one (I had both - a white Lite I bought in Japan and lost and then the black one I have now I bought in the states) and buy a cover for it. I use this pikachu one but it looks out of stock. There are some less Pokemon ones as well. You leave them on when you play and I like the feel better than a naked DS and it keeps it from getting too skanky.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Black DSL with clear case look good!!
SR-NDS-PCC.jpg

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Get a black DS, the hinge breaks easier on the White one since it's one solid piece as opposed to the black one which is two (well, one but split in two so it doesn't get as much stress).

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree -- I have this same case, and not only does it look sharp, it protects my system from being bashed about, hides the shameful scratches all over the outer shell, and you can still play it with ease. In fact, I like it BETTER with this shell on, because there are now natural recesses where the power plug and shoulder buttons go, and I don't have to worry so much about accidentally popping out the DS cart while playing. (You know, accidentally touching the spring loaded-cart...) I'm REALLY rough on my systems, and I'm amazed that this thing hasn't cracked or broken YET.

I got the case incidentally with an accessory package I bought at Fry's: Core Gamer Transformers G1 set. It comes with the same clear casing, but also some transformers goodies. Heheh...though anyone with this casing could just print out their own template and stick it between the casing and the DS.

gh0ul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SR-NDS-PCC.jpg

OOOO, that's a good looking case. Any info on the name of the case, the price and where to buy it?

BUMP: Still looking for info on this case or cases similar to this.
Dude, a 5 second search on amazon found me these

http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Silicone-Lin...9410705&sr=8-11
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DS-Lite-Arm...99410668&sr=8-4
http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Silicone-Lin...99410705&sr=8-3

i own one of them and it has saved me a lot of heartache
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse