Which to get..

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by weltall_of_id, Jun 10, 2011.

Jun 10, 2011

Which to get.. by weltall_of_id at 5:50 AM (812 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. weltall_of_id
    OP

Newcomer weltall_of_id Advanced Member

Greece
    Ok so I have a G6 Real which was an UBER failure ever since I got it. Afar from playing games ok it would randomly get stuck. It would also lose all data randomly after getting stuck or while connecting it with that hellish usb connector of it. Well after getting M3iZero I can say I have been happy. Sakura is such a fast interface and i am totally in love with it. But M3iZero has a fatal flaw. Sleep mode will not work. One of NDS greatest and most handy features (for me) does not work. I tried everything. Smaller card, bigger card, no name and best brand. Up and down left and right. It will not go in sleep mode. So I am asking for some help. Which Card should I get to have good interface (fast too), high compatibility, good updates like M3 and Sleep Mode!

Long story short
    I want a card with:

- Frequent updates! (which means good compatibility with games too)
    - Good internal build (i do not care about the external. I just do not want it to get stuck and have such problems)
    - Fast and if possible good interface (I so hated the slow interface of G6/M3 Real)
    - MSHC (since I have an 8 Giga one why not use it)
    - Cheating Code input system
    - And last but not least a working Sleep Mode
    ! (PS. With any card and actually my Transcend Class 6 8GB one)

I know that maybe they are a lot but I feel M3iZero gives me all these but the working sleep mode. Well I really thank anyone that will give me their opinion. Have a wonderful day [​IMG]

2. serenade.63

Member serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Super card dstwo probably, it doesnt have an input mode for its cheat system, but its incredibly easy to modify the usrcheat.dat on your pc using a program (i forgot what its called, google it), but other than that it has all of the features youre looking for, and a gba emulator! It is kind of bulky with the onboard cpu but it is worth it to have nearly 100% compatibility, my only beef with it is that it KIND of gets stuck in the ds sometimes

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Nowadays update frequency and game compatibility aren't equal. Newer carts have some automatic patching methods meaning they play new games without needing to wait for updates, so they have to update way less.

4. weltall_of_id
    OP

Greece
    @serenade.63 - I do not care that much about the cheating part actually. Hard or not does not really matter. And I can live with it being to thick to go easily in and out. as logn as it has the rest and it has sleep mode I am happy @.@

@Rydian - True but there are always one or two games that have extra protections or need a special upgrade of the system to work normally.

5. serenade.63

Member serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    sounds like dstwo is your flash cart then, ive yet to run into a game that didnt work on it, and ive playe A LOT of games on it!

6. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    If I'm not mistaken, the CPU within the flash cart (Supercard DSTwo) doesn't go to sleep when the DS does, so it still takes up extra power, even when the DS is in sleep mode. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

For more simple, yet very effective: Acekard2i
    For all the extra emulators and such on top of identical compatibility: Supercard DSTwo

Game compatibility is the opposite of an issue with good carts these days. If you buy either of the two I named, you will pretty much never have to worry about DS game updates.

7. weltall_of_id
    OP

Greece
    Good then for now I will have to decide between Acekard2i and Supercard DSTwo. When you say more simple? More simple in what? All I need is to play games, fast interface (i will not stand another slow one) and of course sleep mode. If it consumes battery or not i am sure without the screens it will still be less. Oh >.> and of course i do not want it to be suddenly outdated. I loved the feature to update the card to work with newer DS firmwares.

8. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    The Ak2i has a very minimalistic, simple to use and understandable interface. BUT it needs a DS system on which it functions to update to work on newer firmwares.

The DS2 interface is good at best (though it offers less features than AKAIO) but IMO looks quite ugly. However it can be replaced with different Plug-in menus (BAGPlug comes to mind). Personally I think the features make up for everything else. The DSTWO does NOT need another DS system to update - it just involves putting a file in a specific folder and then booting.

Your choice really.

9. weltall_of_id
    OP

Greece
    If AK2i's only problem is the need of a second DS that is not a problem. I have my old DS Lite and my new DSiXL so I am guessing no problem there for me. Minimalistic and simple sounds wonderful. Personally all I use my DS is starting up games and once in a while using cheats. My problem never was the extra features or good looking interface. I just wanted to be able to scroll through things fast! The old interface of M3/G6, touchpod as they call it, was fine for my g6 real card that could only fit a handful of games but a full 8GB card.. impossible in so many ways.

So yeah I am still kind of between the two. If the biggest difference is the way of update of firmware its not that bad. I guess I will look a bit more into it. As long as both of these have all the features I ask I guess I need to slowly think it.

10. Rydian

United States
    AKAIO for the AK2i scrolls fast. Really fast. Almost too fast.

For those carts that can play most games without waiting for updates, the updates they do get fix the games that don't work.

11. weltall_of_id
    OP

Greece
    Well I guess AK2i it is. At first I did not expect to see AK2i at all. I thoguht people would go for the all new R4 or that great CycloDSi that has so many features (and another ton that are not there or work). Well I guess Only a slight doubt is in my head anymore. Ak2i here I come.

Thank you everyone for the great help! =3 Danke Danke X3

12. Rydian

United States
    Most R4s are shit, only a few are decent, and those are comparable to the AK2i (so people usually decide between an AK2i and R4iDSN, for example).

13. weltall_of_id
    OP

Greece
    Then this last comment of yours made every little cloud of doubt i had in mind to go away X3 AK2i here I come!