Gaming which Tennis game is better?

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i didn't realize that. Maybe it doesn't suck as bad as I had thought. But now that I'm sold on GST and barely even play it no point in trying VT again =/

Do wish I had known you had to manually set it to M+. Which, I think we can agree, is pretty retarded.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snave2008 said:
alucard77 - If you had a shot indicator when you were playing VT you didn't have motion plus enabled.

When you pick your controller you actually have to activate motion plus. You'll know that you have it enabled because you have to point at your player before each shot.

Is this in options or something. I just thought that it came on automatically.

That's kinda dumb. It's like having to activate a nunchuck.

Thanks for the tip.

FreddeX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Neither of these tennis games are very good at utilizing Motion Plus for realistic (or fun) play. GST is definitely the better game (all categories), but unfortunately it's still a failure with regards to M+.

VT probably have fewer complete failures, but otherwise tracking is probably on par with GST. It's a bit more difficult to spot the problems in VT, since the characters don't really mimic your movements and you feel disconnected somehow. M+ really feels like a last minute add-on to the VT game - I mean the game doesn't default to using M+ and a lot of people probably won't realize they are not playing with M+, since the selection before each "event" is not very obvious and never remembered by the game. Also, in VT, pointing at the player character before each ball is rather annoying. I may also have noticed som frame rate problems in VT, ball movement is sometimes jerky.

In terms of revolutionary, these M+ enabled tennis games are nothing compare to the excitement of the original Wii Sports Tennis.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Covarr said:
Without MotionPlus, GST wins easily. VT's default controls reek.
With MotionPlus, VT is far superior IMO.

Of course, it'd be wise to wait for a new Tennis game in the future, once devs have gotten more used to MotionPlus. A Mario Tennis developed with M+ in mind would be awesome.
I totally agree with this assessment.

QUOTE(Snave2008 @ Jun 16 2009, 10:50 AM) Its just as you select which controller to use for each player I think. It is stupid that it isn't automatically though
What's annoying is that you have to do it before every single match. There's no way to change it to default. Annoying, but nothing we can do about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1