Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

I have an R4 DS, but I would like to own a slot2 card too, so I can browse the web
smile.gif

These are the things I want most:

1. The most important thing is that it has RAM so the Opera Browser will work.

2. GBA support should be good too

3. Price is not so important, but I would like to not go above the 50 dollars.

Tnx in adv.

Satangel

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. I believe the G6, M3, EZFlash 3 in 1 cart and supercard have RAM and patches that can support the browser. Although might I suggest having a look at some of the homebrew browsers or internet viewers, most are in early stages but already show the potential to far surpass the official one.

2. Going with the 4 above discount the supercard for GBA: http://rothmans.joskeonline.com/supercardsite/ (the others are practically perfect). If you use one of the homebrew browsers have a look at the EZ4 as well.
The M3 professional and EZ4 lite compact ware the reduced GBA support models so it would be ill advised to get those models for GBA.
The R4 (and any other DLDI compatible cart) can also now use the EZ5's 3 in 1 cart but only a few roms can be written at a time and it is still under heavy development.

3. The m3 line is fairly expensive and the G6 by virtue of having the memory onboard is also considerable in price (it will work out of the box though). Search around and you may be pleasantly suprised though.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EZ-V expansion is the cheapest, it even has rumble (though it is not supported). GBA support is through homebrew contribution. Some threads can be seen in the R4 forum

EZ-4 Deluxe also has good GBA support but no patch for the browser (?)

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SC Lite will do just fine for your price tag. But if you want good GBA support for low price then go with EZ 3-in-1 expansion pack.

QUOTE said:
EZ-4 Deluxe also has good GBA support but no patch for the browser (?)
Yes, the hack is pretty much impossible or still very hard to do. The way PSRAM in EZ4 works is just too different from the browser RAM.

MCTF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also faced with the same problem. I have had a R4 card for a while but now I miss GBA games. So I want to get a Slot-2 card in order to play them. Seeing has I don't need the browser (Wi-fi isn't very popular around here), wich would be the best Slot-2 card (best as in better GBA compatibility and ease of use). The DS part is already taken care of by my R4 + 1Gb Kingston.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm also faced with the same problem. I have had a R4 card for a while but now I miss GBA games. So I want to get a Slot-2 card in order to play them. Seeing has I don't need the browser (Wi-fi isn't very popular around here), wich would be the best Slot-2 card (best as in better GBA compatibility and ease of use). The DS part is already taken care of by my R4 + 1Gb Kingston.
EZ4 Deluxe will do just fine. It's very cheap and gba support is top notch. I ordered EZ4 Deluxe/EZPass bundle for just 40 bucks.

MCTF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

EZ4 Deluxe will do just fine. It's very cheap and gba support is top notch. I ordered EZ4 Deluxe/EZPass bundle for just 40 bucks.
I can't seem to find a EU store that carries that kind of card (can only find EZ-Flash IV Lite). I assume it's not the same, is it? Also considering a Supercard MiniSD or even a Supercard Lite [not Rumble, that hasn't GBA support] (it's available in a reliable store that I use, delivery in 24h). Is it a good alternative? Don't really need the EZPass thing since R4 can (supposedly) boot Slot-2 cards (and I also only intend to play GBA games from Slot-2).

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I can't seem to find a EU store that carries that kind of card (can only find EZ-Flash IV Lite). I assume it's not the same, is it? Also considering a Supercard MiniSD or even a Supercard Lite [not Rumble, that hasn't GBA support] (it's available in a reliable store that I use, delivery in 24h). Is it a good alternative? Don't really need the EZPass thing since R4 can (supposedly) boot Slot-2 cards (and I also only intend to play GBA games from Slot-2).
Supercard has really really crappy GBA compatibility. So, I wouldn't recommend it.

EZ IV Deluxe is the revised version of EZ IV Lite, the case has been remade to resemble the DS Lite dust cover. Sure, you don't need the EZPass, but the retail version of EZ IV Deluxe is very rare this days, the bundle one is more common (and is still very cheap). Anyway, here's what it looks like.

MCTF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info. I'll go with a EZ4 Deluxe then (if I can find it, probably mail the store to see if they can get me one). If not, I'll go with the EZ IV Lite or just wait until the stock is updated. Since it uses a microSD, I'm now pretty happy that I bought 2 Kingston TF's.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No external memory.

256Mbit (32Mbyte) of NOR internal (average GBA is 8 or 16 mbytes before trimming).

You use the loader bigboss and cory1492 are working on and patch them via EZ4Client or the new EZ5 Client if I recall correctly before burning them onto the cart DS side.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So there can only be 2 GBA games on the EZ 3 in 1?
Cuz 32Mbyte, and average is 8 or 16 Mbytes before trimming.

And is that loader not finished? But does it work already properly?

Tnx in adv.

Satangel

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah there can only be a few games at a time on the card, that is why I was hesitant to suggest it for this purpose.

With the EZ5 it works fine but that loader for other carts is a 3rd party effort. Development is moving at breakneck speed though (it has been about a month since first steps to now where it is certainly solid enough for general use).

MCTF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I've learned the EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 Expansion Pack only works well with a EZ-Flash. Depending on 3rd party to play your GBA games sounds risky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo