Hacking Which slot 2 flashcart should I buy?

Acekard User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I´m searching for a slot-2 flashcart. My Requirements:
  • As much and as quick RAM as possible
  • best possible GBA and NDS ROM support
  • I don´t need Rumble function, but it would be nice(I prefer more ram)
  • best possible homebrew support (especially DSLinux)
My importance hierarchy: GBA support > RAM > Rumble function > Homebrew Support* > NDS ROM support*

If a new better flashcart will be released before may, I'd want to wait for that one.

*NDS ROM support and Homebrew support aren´t that important because for NDS ROMs and Homebrew I can use my Acekard.

Maybe EZFlash 3 in 1 or EZFlash IV would be good for me?

It may cost up to 100€ = ~136 US$ (I don´t think that there is a flashcart that is that expensive, but I just wanted to say, that I would buy it if it´s worth its price.)

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Considering you have an Acekard use AKAIO, as that has good homebrew support. No Slot-2 RAM is faster than the other. I recommend an EZ 3in1 as that, instead of emulating, it flashes the .gba file from Slot-1 to Slot-2 and acts as a real GBA Cart which means perfect compatability.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The EZ Flas 3in1 works natively with AKAIO. HOwever if you want to spend that extra money, you could always get the M3 Perfect which is something like $70.

Acekard User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
N64Temp said:
No Slot-2 RAM is faster than the other.

But here: http://quake.drunkencoders.com/index_q2.html it says
QUOTE said:
Slot-2 RAM is very slow and the performance of the game greatly depends on the speed of your RAM.

QUOTE(emigre @ Feb 6 2010, 03:04 PM)
HOwever if you want to spend that extra money, you could always get the M3 Perfect which is something like $70.

Has the M3 Perfect any advantages towards the EZFlash 3in1? I ask because I just want to spend that much money if it´s really worth it.

Which of those cards has the most RAM?

I have read that the M3 Perfect has cheat support for GBA ROMs. Has the EZFlash 3in1 or the EZFlash IV got this feature, too?

What about the Supercard SD? Has it got built-in RAM, too? If yes, has it got more or less RAM than the competitors(EZFlash 3in1, EZFlash IV, M3 Perfect)

Edit: I didn´t mention that i´ve got a DS FAT, so cards that are DS Lite only won´t work

Acekard User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
N64Temp said:
DSPhat EZ 3in1s are a bit rare

Do you mean that there are not much shops that sell them or that the shops that sell them have not much of them? (I know a shop which sells them: 0ShippingZone)

btw: still don´t have an answer to my question for the flashcart with the most and quickest ram out of these four:

Supercard SD
M3 Perfect
EZFlash 3in1
EZFlash IV

Acekard User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gariscus said:
About the ram... I don't know how you could possibly find out which is the fastest. I suggest that you don't worry about it.

Wouldn´t it make a difference in applications like DSLinux or QuakeDS?

If it is not possible to say how much speed the RAM of a flashcart has, can someone at least say me which flashcart has got the biggest RAM?

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Acekard User said:
Wouldn´t it make a difference in applications like DSLinux or QuakeDS?

If it is not possible to say how much speed the RAM of a flashcart has, can someone at least say me which flashcart has got the biggest RAM?

The 3in1 has 16 MB. I don't think it makes much difference it'll run QuakeDS and DSLinux like crap no matter what slot 2 flashcart you get.

QUOTE(XWolf @ Feb 7 2010, 01:57 PM) Personally love my 3in1Plus. Has more RAM than the old 3in1.

Actually it doesn't have more ram than the first two versions of the 3in1... it has the same amount (16 MB). It does however have twice as much NOR than the first two 3in1s(64 MB) however only developers can make use of it.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For GBA support nothing beats an EZ3. Those are pretty rare to come by nowadays so the second best option is an EZ4 and then m3 Perfect (any type of media). Other than that a PSP with gpSP.
ph34r.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Acekard User said:
I´ve got a last question:

Which kind of memory does the EZ Flash 3in1 use? (SD/microSD/built-in/...)
micro SD of your slot 1,you need a loader,most advisable if your cart doesn't have it's own is GBAExploader.It also has on-board memory,can carry one game on the go without slot1

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
N64Temp said:
The Supercard SD and the M3 Perfect have 32mb of RAM while the EZ3in1 has 16mb. Seeing as the RAM is important you should get one of these plus they have the cheats, etc. for the GBA. But they stick out a bit and use SDs.
Unless you get the 3in1 Plus - it is an official EZ product and has twice the RAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...