Hacking Which R4 Products are clones according to my list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ryukouki said:
OK kia! no need for caps lock. I simply need evidence! I know really damn well which ones are clones, its my boss that does not!
tongue.gif

Just take it as fact that they are all clones. This thread needs closing! END OF!
Wikipedia entry
QUOTEThe R4 has since been discontinued. The last official firmware was 1.18, released on April 23, 2008,

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You won't find any real proof that they're clones, but according to the mods here it's common knowledge™ that they are and it's not allowed to question that.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIRST OFF. Why am I looking like the culprit here? I'm just gathering information for my boss! I'm working with a site to gather information and how to better sell products and he wanted me to conduct this investigation to prove him wrong. I am perfectly aware of the clones but I will ask that this topic be locked later tonight when I officially wrap up the investigation.

My boss would like a mountain of evidence to prove him wrong. At this point, he'll say its a small pile. >_>

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
FIRST OFF. Why am I looking like the culprit here? I'm just gathering information for my boss! I'm working with a site to gather information and how to better sell products and he wanted me to conduct this investigation to prove him wrong. I am perfectly aware of the clones but I will ask that this topic be locked later tonight when I officially wrap up the investigation.

My boss would like a mountain of evidence to prove him wrong. At this point, he'll say its a small pile. >_>
Hm, perhaps the fact that they were sued into oblivion by Nintendo would prove it? I think the only concrete way to prove that the actual R4 people are no longer operating is to look up more information on the Nintendo lawsuit against R4 Team.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly what proof does he want, signed statements from the clone makers that they're selling clones? The original R4 wasn't released with either SDHC or DSi compatibility, so any R4 with either of those is blatantly a clone. They also stopped manufacturing them a couple of years ago, so any made today are not made by the original team.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Trolley, I honestly don't know what he wants. He just wants to see huge (and I mean HUGE) evidence that they exist because he felt that he was correct saying that he sells only "genuine" R4 products. Can I send you a PM later tonight to lock my thread? I want this to set a little longer and then I'll close my investigation.

And if I knew what he wanted I'd post it here!
smile.gif
But I think he's just been out of the loop of the flashcart scene. That's my honest guess. I think he's still reminiscing about the prices of flashcarts way back then when an R4 could sell for like USD $60.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my tk, I actually did not know that! o_o Life is so full of surprises! Haha thanks for the headsup though. I've just been working out stuff with them and ... yeah!

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What is the difference between:
www.r4ds.com
and
www.r4ds.cn
They're exactly the same :/
tongue.gif

My box says r4ds.com...
I'm still not sure if my r4 is real or fake xD

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Ryukouki said:
Can I send you a PM later tonight to lock my thread?

Yeah no probs, PM me whenever you want. Might be a better idea to report the thread and request a lock just in case I'm not about though. All the other mods are top lads and really friendly as well.
smile.gif

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pictures please! And thanks so much for the help guys, I'm grateful to this community for its support, and I apologize if I look like a stupid idiot for asking such a basic question, but just know it has a reason behind it.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE said:
Yeah no probs, PM me whenever you want. Might be a better idea to report the thread and request a lock just in case I'm not about though. All the other mods are top lads and really friendly as well.

Yah, moderation teams here are top-notch here, its quite impressive. I remember needing Costello's help on some really trifling issue and it was fixed quickly! Love this site for many reasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-